News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

How well constructed is the latch? Seem like the lid seals nice?

SixGun

Steel scissor latch on both sides.   Does seal nice even without slamming it.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 15, 2015, 03:19:40 PM
Steel scissor latch on both sides.   Does seal nice even without slamming it.
Sounds like a good quality box1  :thumbsup:

SixGun

Guess where we are and what happened?

ProjectPW

King of the hammers practice at Big Bend  :035:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

Looks like fun... far more fun than I had this weekend.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Took 8 hours to get here from San Antonio.  Granted that we made 7 stops lol.  We kept it 60-65mph even with 70-75mph speed limit.  Once you hit the national park its 45mph for about at least 50 miles to the lodge up in the mountains.  Gas was reasonable, paid $ 2.39 for premium in Del Rio and that was the highest.

Now for the bumper.   :laughing7:

Outside of Sanderson, we saw a big buck and doe feeding along the highway.  Never give them a second thought. Kinda had a premonition of sorts.  Just kept thinking about it.  Well, an hour later one runs right in front of me and i ran right over him without skipping a beat.  I look in the rearview and see it in the middle of the road flailing its legs in the air still alive.   I pull over to assess damage but I see is this bumper damage and a tuft of hair stuck in the hook for a souvenir. For you deer hunters, I recognized the smell of a gutted deer.  Wish I would have had my pistol to dispatch him.  Had to be badly hurt.  Oh well, we pressed on.  Good thing we brought the truck instead of the car. Could have been a lot worse. 

So I guess a Ram can kick a deer's ass.  Proven fact I'd say.

SixGun

Well when I swapped tires today, I noticed quite a bit of blood and deer shit under the truck. Looked like a CSI crime scene.

Went down some long bumpy roads today. Juggled both recovery hooks loose. One hook was just hanging on the clevis. We back tracked a ways and found one hook and pin but never found the other pin. Hopefully, I can fit a bolt through there.

This morning as we drove out of the mountains, we noticed snow that still hasn't melted from a week ago. Who says it doesnt snow in the desert.

rjtx667

sounds like lots of fun... take some pics with the new camera.  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

We used the GearPro.  :thumbsup:

Yolanda figured it all out on her own. I just hope she aimed it well. She's kinda known for sky shots.  :laughing7:

rjtx667

can't wait to see some video  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Just got in ... Had a Lil run in with the Border Patrol.  Driving along minding my own business and they pull me over. Apparently its very suspicious to have an extra set of tires chained up in the back of your truck.  I says to him that we are along the border and tires are expensive. Why do I need them he says.  Gee, I'm still in the national park that condones offroading, in a truck obviously set up for offroad, with offroad stickers.  He decides to toss and turn my vehicle looking for drugs and accuses Yolanda of throwing something out of the truck when she opened the door. She told him that a butterfly just flew out.  She was coughing and he accused her of swallowing something.  I told him that she's sick. There's Dayquil in the truck, just look.  Kept asking me if we were heading backto San Antonio right now. Kept asking and wanted confirmation that we were going through the checkpoint up the road. After he finally let us go, I told Yolanda that they will probably have a dog go through our stuff at the checkpoint. I bet he calls ahead. Sure as shit. Felt like we were on a bad episode of Border Wars.  Had a more detailed search with a dog. 3 officers tag teaming asking the same questions over and over. Maybe they thought they could trip me up. I dunno but they finally let us go. We passed 3 checkpoints going there and 3 back. Never said a word until Super Cop pulled us over. In fact at the Del Rio cp the 2 officers tried to talk me into selling the truck. Really put a sour note at the end of the trip. 

BTW, we took the Old Ore Road this morning and it was awesome. Unfortunately, the GearPro camera kept shutting off after about a mile. Think we might have maxxed the 32 gb memory out. Its a shame because it had a lot of cool stuff on that trail.

crazzywolfie

sucks that you had a bad run in with border patrol. you got law enforcement officers everywhere that can be dicks. we had a driver on the weekend complain about a cop up here who gave him 9 tickets for various thing and from the sounds of it the company got some tickets out of it so they are going to have to pay a lawyer to take care of things. apparently this is not the first time this cop has been a dick and given our drivers a whole bunch of bs tickets.

i don't know about the go pro but i think my dash camera with a 32gb card maxes out at 24 hours of record time with the 1 camera and it goes down a bit if i hook up the second camera. i would guess the go pro has higher specs and would use up the 32gb's a lot quicker than that.

SixGun

We noticed that if not fully charged, it would act the same way and keep turning off. So this time it was fully charged.  Seems that we might have about 8 hours max over 2 days.

crazzywolfie

sounds like you need to charge it after every use just to make sure you got a full charge for the next time you want to use it.