News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

91 RAMM'D 150

Started by SixGun, September 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Picked up some boulders. Air bags helped a lot and actually rode better with the load.  First pic is fully loaded. Remember the load of gravel last summer. What a big difference!
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Air bags are the bomb!!!
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

I have a set of Firestone air bags on my 06' Dodge ram crew cab. Without them the truck had so much wobble I couldn't get over 55 mph.  With the bags ( which are set up so I adjust individually ) I cant tell there is a trailer behind it.   
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Fudge.... I had an airbag failure.  I came out of the hardware store and saw an air line hanging down. The elbow fitting on top of the bag had come apart.  On closer inspection at home, the 2 bolts on top of the airbag had pulled the female end out of the top of the airbag.
I only used 50lbs with the boulders.

Thinking back,  I did remove the spacers I originally used since it seemed real bouncy.   Thought I was hitting the internal rebound bumper. Without the spacer, maybe the gap is too wide.  Any ideas??

SixGun

Closer inspection today. Luckily the female end to the top bolts dead head. So I put some gorilla glue and hammered them back in. Seems snug enough to bolt into. Elbow fitting was a goner. I measured the distance between the top plate and bottom plate. It was 8" and the instructions specify 5-7" so the spacers are going back in. Unfortunately I trimmed the ubolts too close for the spacers to fit. Looks like I've gotta order parts. Sheesh...

SixGun

Danger Dave gave me a bull bar some time back from an RC that he was gonna scrap.  I planned to use it on the 76 RC but the Warn winch bumper changed that plan and it wouldn't fit any longer.

Plan B was to use it on the Ram. Had to do a little trimming and welding but that's just part of the fun.

Caison

Great stuff SixGun. Nice welding job there.

SixGun

Thanks, well I actually took it off and re-engineered it.  The bar was real close to the grille so I cut it and welded on some flat bar to push it away from the grille. So far so good.  I'll post up some pics when I get done.

SixGun

Well the extensions are built.

SixGun

All finished. Now to put on new Superwinch decals.

SixGun

New decals on some glossy black paint.

SixGun

Capped the ends of the bumper extension/ winch plate mount.
Before and after pics.

SixGun

Picked up the carb 360 from Brutal Offroad today.
Home safe and sound...Thanks James!

crazzywolfie

the bumper looks good. almost going to have to do something like that for my 89 eventually. the list of work that i need to do seems to be getting longer especially with the addition of a 4th vehicle.

whats the 360 for? don't all your vehicles have good engines in them?

SixGun

Carter comes and goes.  Low compression high mile motor.  The quick fix would be to drop in the 360 and be done but...
The mind starts dreaming of upping the cubic inches for the Ram and convert to 4x4. I have a harness, intake and TBI to convert it. Not sure how it would work with the cam though.