News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

bullboy0852

Most likely just bearings in the bottom, shouldnt even need to turn the crank

rjtx667

Well Tuesday I spent about 5 hours swapping motors. It was in, but not ready to crank.

Yesterday I spent a few more hours finishing stuff up. Took a few times to get it to start (silly little things like the ecu wanting a cam sync signal  :dontknow:). Its running and purring very nice... not like a kitten, a little too loud for that.. but not as loud as the mexico ramcharger.  :laughing7:

I have a few more details to work on with it, need to fix the transmission dip tube leak (new seal ordered), install the transfer case skid plate now that the exhaust is out of the way. And I have to finish attaching and securing the exhaust. I cleaned up the inspection plate for the tranny (way way dirty) so I have to put that back on too.

Whoever had worked on the tranny last time did a bad job, it was missing about 1/2 the bolts to the engine  :confused2:

and 1 engine mount was toast the other was not far off, so all that has been repaired as well.

Then I really need to take all the wheels off and double check the 2" spacers.

I think my main battery is toast (its from 2009) so I have to buy a new battery as well.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

had a few minutes and tore the driver side head off the other engine.

Block looks ok and turns freely now.

Pistons are all shot, especially #1

Not sure what happened or how, but something got screwed up with the timing apparently. Will look into it more later.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Is that a hole in the piston? ???
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I guess you could call that a "Hole in one." Piston no. 1 that is.

bullboy0852

Crap that sucks, was hopin it just got the one. How bad does the head look?

rjtx667

head was not bad, needs all new valves and probably springs as well. next question is to figure out if it was valve float or bad timing
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So its all back together and running good. got a few leaks fixed up and the inspection plate on.

Today I spent the day on the trailer. Good progress. Heck its even loaded and ready to throw the rest of the gear in and go. I just need a new battery now.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

When are you planning to be at HF?

rjtx667

leaving sometime Thursday

I have to say goodbye to a close friend this week, so it will be a good change of scenery
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well it was a fun weekend with some damage, but nothing too bad.

as Eric was saying this weekend we all made out some with trees at HF.

My front driver fender is a little worse for wear, and a few other little kisses from rocks.

Bronco Buster was pretty tight to get through but we all did good.

I managed to take a chunk of out my H2 wheels. but from what I can tell it is fixable so I will just have to get that done.

The other thing I broke is the crazy one... the bolt that holds the spring pack together... sheered right off  :confused2:

Not really sure when or how, but it did. So the driver side of the rear axle is moving around a lot. Makes it hard to drive it much. I caught it pretty quick and drove it back to camp and parked it for the remainder of the trip.

After we finished I headed up to Noah's place and dropped him there so its all ready for work when I get the chance.

I have decided to do the following upgrades (why fix the small issue that takes 2 hours or so to fix, when you can upgrade lots of stuff over 3-4 days lol)

Jungle front springs, front mount point with 2" lift
Jungle front springs, frame bushing upgrade with 2" lift
52" chevy front springs

Jungle rear shackle flip

I will also need to replace a good bit of bushings in the springs... Noah and Mr Troxell mentioned some new bushings they were eyeing... so we might go that route.

Once the lift is done I will probably have to get new shocks too... I will just have to measure and see what that looks like.

I will possibly have to do something with driveshafts as well. When we did the work with the d60 last time I had to shorten the factory shaft like 2"... with this lift I will probably need that back, but I have another driveshaft I can use so just swap it out  :headbang:

The front drive shaft will be the challenge. The saving grace is I have the 46RH with the overdrive unit which helps make the front driveshaft longer and have a better angle. I got a feeling I might have to get some upgraded flanges for the rear axle though.... its going to start getting some bad angles I bet.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

pics
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins