News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

Quote from: workgoats on March 05, 2013, 10:21:31 PM
You want to use the axles from my red truck on the JEEP you plan on building, you better wash your mouth out. :brushteeth:

you mean the axles from the 82? the red ones are going under the 82 for the gearing right?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Quote from: rjtx667 on March 05, 2013, 10:27:58 PM
you mean the axles from the 82? the red ones are going under the 82 for the gearing right?

I won't let him have them, but we may temporarily rig them on the truck so he can roll it around. The springs are not the right length. I think if he keeps it, the Chevy axles and springs would be an easier match.

rjtx667

so I bought the camera's and screen and they came in.

Have not done anything with them besides mock up the screen, but I think it will work good.

I also worked on the driver door some today, got it shutting better... not great but better.

I now have to put the door and dash back together, I will throw in a new stereo while I am at it that I had in the garage.

I did notice a leak from the passenger front side that I need to look into more, I wanted to try and drive this starting wed or so but have to see.

I did decide I need to give up and do plug, wires, cap, rotor. Its sometimes hard to start and I am thinking its more spark than fuel related.... who knows how long those parts are. When I re-do the 2000 RC I will take the fuel injectors off it and put on here as I have no doubt new injectors would be a good thing (the 408 is going to need 30# injectors vs the stock 24#)
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Minor things today, been driving it all week "testing" it out.

I centered the steering wheel (somewhat)... its better than it was  :laughing7:

I worked on the driver door again... it was sticking and hard to close/ open. Its better now, but I have a huge gap at the top  :angry5:

I have another white door, think I am going to try swapping them if I can and see what that gets me.

I replaced the fan clutch as it was trying to overheat a bit today and I think it had a lot to do with it... we shall see

Last thing I did was swap batteries for a smaller one that allowed me to secure the battery (I learn my lessons lol ) and I also secured the "power" wire that someone rigged up. When it "pop'd" loose from the battery the computer and tried would die  :crybaby2:

it was interesting going 70 down the highway and it "bounce" on and off and take the engine with it  :laughing4:

not!!

all in all not too bad, this weekend I want to fix the driver seat, it rocks way too much.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

so my jy run found me a 89 ramcharger that had major front end damage.... but it had a good driver door that I grabbed for a good price.

it has a few other parts if anyone is looking for something let me know.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

If it has a mechanical speedometer, the sender is a little rare and someone will eventually need it.  I have one but it has seen a lot of wear.  It is not on a truck since the red truck is no longer.

Do you still have the driver side door window?  I still need to give one to the guy that loaned me the one that belonged in his truck.

rjtx667

I do have a driver side window... I will try and remember it for HF in april.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So I was talking with my brother in law some this week, need to borrow his trailer for Hidden Falls and all.

While talking he mentions he made a bumper for his old 97 dodge truck he had, said I can have the bumper if I want it.

I thought it looked like a pretty good job to me.  :13:

It might be a bit lower than desired for trails, but that's why we are going testing   :evil6:

Going to go get it and the trailer on Sunday, see if I can get it cleaned up, painted, and installed sometime soon.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

We should have enough stuff to modify it if need be at Hidden Falls.

rjtx667

thats if I can get it attached before hidden falls  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I thought about picking up a rear bumper like that at the JY for the 76.  However, same as you, I wasn't sure if there would be clearance issues.  I thought about cutting the bottom off under the smooth bumper section and either welding a hitch attachment (don't know if it will need one) or just add some anchors for some tow hooks.  Those bumpers are pretty stout. 

For mine, I really would like a pipe bumper.  I picked up one at Danger Daves for the front already.  That thing weighs a ton.  Demolition Derby ready! 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

thats nice looking, I want something up front, but not sure yet.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Well in my harbor freight run, the main reason I went was for this.

Was a decent price, and does not make me loose the AC compressor  :evil6:

had good reviews online, they said it was ok by itself, but better with a 5 gal tank... might have to pick one of those up soon.

I still need to get that website from Ron for the winch power cables so I can maybe get those wired up. Man I have a lot to do before end of April.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Tell me about it, these last 4 months went by real fast.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Hey Ryan don't worry ur ahead of me. My front axle is in a million pieces and still finding problems with it.  :violent1:
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)