News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectPW

Quote from: The War Wagon on April 23, 2014, 02:25:13 PM
If you've revved the engine, with the wheels off the ground, then YES - it WILL snap on impact.  :confused2:

yep!
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Bo & Luke never had a problem.  :dontknow:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on April 24, 2014, 04:43:44 PM
Bo & Luke never had a problem.  :dontknow:

then you never watched it in slow motion  :tongue3:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Hey - WATCH that chase scene in "Marked for Death," when Steven Seagal & David Keith are chasing the Jamaican Voodoo Posse in the BMW 535.  When they make that leap out of the park, the rear axle on the BMW clearly breaks - you can see the right rear tire seriously canted inwards at the top.

Seagal & Keith make the leap in the RC, and it DOESN'T break!!!  It BOUNCES, but it don't break!  ;D
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 24, 2014, 04:58:06 PM
then you never watched it in slow motion  :tongue3:

Bo & Luke never had a problem but maybe Warner Bros did. 

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=30999

Check out the bonus link.  I posted several like this in the YouTube thread.

SixGun

rjtx667

:icon_scratch:  I might be going crazy here

I found some 3/4 ton axles 3.73 gears for 850.

Only issue? the front is coil spring from a 95.  that means I have to put new perch's on front and back and move shock mounts.  :icon_scratch:

I did that for the Mexico charger, I don't see why that would be a huge deal here.

Any opinions on this before I let go of the cash?  Of course this will just open the can from there... then I need new rims and that will also mean new tires. and I won't have lockers, but it will be a start. Also have to figure out the driveshaft u joints.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

someone help me here... but looking more I think dodge changed the driveshaft drop from passenger to driver side on the newer body style trucks?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 26, 2014, 10:03:07 PM
someone help me here... but looking more I think dodge changed the driveshaft drop from passenger to driver side on the newer body style trucks?

You are correct, I believe the later model dodges are driver side. Im not positive though.

I think going to late model dodge axles would be more work then its worth except on the rear. Rear axles are easy. Front axles can become a pain in the butt. I will keep a look out but $850 seems a little high if its a Dana 44 front. Again Im not familiar with the later model dodge axles.

I have My old M880 Axles that need some work, But Im willing to part with them if your interested.

rjtx667

yeah I recall you saying that, I just don't know how much work or $$ is involved to make them usable.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

well found a set of dana 60's pass drop, 4.10 gears and it says lockers for $800... bad part? they are in the middle of OK!!!!!!!!!!

not sure I can make a trip that far north any time soon. not to mention the time and gas to do so.

Maybe I need to call Dave and see what he has in stock?  :icon_scratch:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 26, 2014, 10:49:31 PM
well found a set of dana 60's pass drop, 4.10 gears and it says lockers for $800... bad part? they are in the middle of OK!!!!!!!!!!

not sure I can make a trip that far north any time soon. not to mention the time and gas to do so.

Maybe I need to call Dave and see what he has in stock?  :icon_scratch:

A stock pair of Dana 60's for $1000 or less is a good deal. anything over that there should be some work done to them to increase the value. there is a dana 60 in houston stock late 70's external hubs that he want $1500. He is nuts. Horrible price te axle is only worth 700-800 maybe.

I will keep looking. But yes the axles I have need a lot of love. But the price would be cheap to reflect the work needed.

SixGun

He could hand them off to the Dodge Whisperer and you could pick them up when you do your Sea World trip.

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Y'all are having way to much fun. Ryan I break my axle shafts and u joints just able every time I go out. Lol
And I have 35"
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

rjtx667

yeah but that's on a Fix Or Repair Daily, so it's expected  :laughing4:

I don't mind replacing the shafts and keep going, but if I am going to do that I need spare parts and I am not putting an open carrier back in (seals leaking so that means I have to replace seals again) so if I am going to spend that much $$ might as well check out all the options

I do want to go to 35" so I won't have to depend on the skinny pedal so much  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins