News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

how do you swap a floor mounted gas pedal with a suspended pedal?

Started by R4MR0D, November 06, 2012, 10:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R4MR0D

I am tired of the gas pedal on my 76 RC. i was wondering what i would need to do to put a suspended gas pedal in. any info would be great.

rjtx667

I would think you need the petal and cable. maybe have to figure out a mount for the petal but not sure. I can look when I get home and take some pics for you if needed.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

I have installed several.  You can get one from almost any vehicle but might have to fabricate a cable the right length.  I think you will have to fab something to hold the end of the cable at the carb too, but most likely you can get one that will work off of a newer truck.

Also, might have to cut a square hole in the firewall to plug in the firewall end of the cable housing.  I drill a hole and use an air powered sheet metal saw or a jig saw to square out the corners.  Might need a small file to finish.

scratchinfotraction

I have a pedel that mounts to the firewall with 2 bolts and and the cable to the carb for a mid 80s truck.

i dont see why you cant drill a hole for the cable and the 2 bolt holes to mount it in the early cabs.

the cable hooks into the arm and has a plastic pin to lock it into the groove, then a round or square plastic piece that pops/locks into the firewall hole.

PM me if you want it, you can have it, it is from the junk cab i am replacing.