News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

'92 RC restoration/trail rig build (New pics & VIDEOS 7/12/14)

Started by The War Wagon, December 26, 2012, 10:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The War Wagon

Quote from: The War Wagon on December 07, 2013, 11:16:55 AM
I saw an ad on 4WD Parts website (maybe...) for that SAME contraption.  If I ever get enough money, I might put one ofTHOSE on my Jeep Commander - it DID look sharp.

FOUND IT!!! Garvin Industries makes 'em - here's the Summit Racing link - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gav-66701/overview/

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

A little different but definately nice.  A pretty penny too.  Is that what you are looking at for your Jeep?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on December 08, 2013, 09:50:38 PM
A little different but definately nice.  A pretty penny too.  Is that what you are looking at for your Jeep?

Not sure.  I thought sure I saw EXACTLY what you were describing on the Ultimate Jeep Forum (XK/WK site), but I can't seem to find it again!!!  :angry5:

If I do, I'll post it.

SixGun

I just turned on the TV and just caught the opening scene to "The War Wagon" with John Wayne and Kirk Douglas on AMC.  Just gotta watch it now.  :icon_salut:

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on January 04, 2014, 07:56:20 AM
I just turned on the TV and just caught the opening scene to "The War Wagon" with John Wayne and Kirk Douglas on AMC.  Just gotta watch it now.  :icon_salut:

I wanna get a bumper sticker for my Jeep:

"My other truck, is THE WAR WAGON!  "

;D

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on November 21, 2013, 04:48:10 PM
Actually the jerry can holder caught my attention.  I recently saw a vehicle with a mount for 3 jerry cans.  They were perpendicular to the gate on the RH side and the spare was on the left.  Not an RC but I can't remember if it was a Jeep or what.  It was professional looking like maybe a kit.  I reached for my camera but unfortunately I left it at home.  He disappeared in a flash.  Hope I see him again.

Found ANOTHER one.  Their ad caught my eye in Four Wheel Part's Magazine.

They've got a couple variations on that theme at their website - http://www.bodyarmor4x4.com/

SixGun

The War Wagon

Lookout boys - the tax refund is in, and I'm buying!!! 

SixGun

The War Wagon

Here's a great article, on the guy who did the paint & bodywork on my Ramcharger!  Big rigs is his SPECIALTY.

Old School Is "Cool"

Front_Page_March_REINSFELDER---MAR.-COVEREINSFELDER--DAVIS.png

QuoteEveryone at Reinsfelder, Inc. of Pittsburgh is into trucks.  In fact, they practically eat, sleep and breathe trucks.  They also love the old school look of trucks from days gone by, especially since the company has been hauling freight for 95 years.  Luckily for them, Reinsfelder owner Ed Haser is a friend of Jimmy Davis, owner of Ol Skool Stainless Customs of Carnegie, Pennsylvania. For Jimmy it is a passion and a labor of love.  What is most impressive is that Jimmy does all of his fabrication by hand, cutting and bending each piece without the help of automation or computers

That's how he fabbed up that crusher bumper for my Ramcharger! :smartass:
<blockquote> </blockquote>

The War Wagon

Check out my dash cover - it arrived today!   8)

SixGun

The War Wagon

OK - JUST got it confirmed tonite on some rock sliders.  Dave, who has my truck now - took up tube bending last year, and has started to make some decent looking stuff with his tube bending jig.

He's only had the truck for 10 mos.  ::) , so he should know it INSIDE & OUT by now.  I requested .188 wall tube as a MINIMUM, just so the truck doesn't crush 'em by it's OWN weight.  AND to add kickouts!

He was JUST getting ready to bend up some sliders for his Tacoma, so he's gonna bend mine while he's at it!   :dance:

The War Wagon

Just ordered the Hughes intake plenum fix and a new O2 sensor.  Mine doesn't SEEM to be leaking - I don't think it's something the previous owner addressed - but I figured, no time like the present, to fix it BEFORE it leaves me in the lurch!

SixGun

:thumbsup:  Any reason to play with some tools.