News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Hidden Falls - Fall 2012

Started by rjtx667, January 25, 2013, 10:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

Mojack

Hmm...I get to the vid page, but when I click on one to watch, nothing happens. It could be on my end, I'z don't undrstnd dem camputerz too guud. :o

rjtx667

it uses quicktime, so if you don't have quicktime installed it won't work. :dontknow:

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

Mojack

crazzywolfie

this is why i hate apple stuff and software. they make things a pain in the @$s for non apple people. i managed to get them to play but i had to use safari web browser. i could not get them to play with google, internet explorer or fire fox.

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on January 26, 2013, 04:12:53 PM
this is why i hate apple stuff and software. they make things a pain in the @$s for non apple people. i managed to get them to play but i had to use safari web browser. i could not get them to play with google, internet explorer or fire fox.

Wow sorry you had so many issues. I need to figure out how to convert them to a more standard non plugin setup... But hey I got them posted  :tongue3:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

its ok. if it makes you feel better i already had safari installed. i just didn't realize it was apple software until i went to make sure my quick time software was up-to-date and it said safari had some updates.

workgoats

Well, I can watch them on my IPhone.  And, the more I watch them, the more I think that my Willyreplica was made for this trail.

I'm ready to go back since I have upgraded the rear suspension, transfer outlet and driveshaft.  I even put shocks on it.  I will soon have some tires when I get Nick's truck home.  The wheels and tires off the red truck will go on the RC and the 32" tires off the RC will go on the wheels of the Willyreplica.

SixGun

Bad Ass videos Ryan.   :thumbsup:

I forgot how tight a squeeze it was.  Looked like my front bumper hit a couple of times - good thing I cut the ends off.  That trail is worth doing again!  Did you see me tuck in the mirror to fit between those 2 trees.   :laughing7:   Yolanda and I laughed through every clunk, bang, scratch and squeek as we watched it all over again. Good times guys and gals.  Can you imagine doing that trail with a long line of vehicles.  Whoa doggie...  that would be a blast.   :steeringwheel:

Encore, encore!    :great:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Glad they bring back good memories.

Next time I will have my own rig, in whatever shape it may be in  :icon_scratch:  I really need to find me a winch just in case :evil6:

I like Hidden Falls,  and even if RJ is elsewhere I still say we have spring get together there. :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

You should set up a camera on your truck.  Something on the outside and behind the rear tire like in an action movie.  Just make sure it is protected from brush.   :great:

crazzywolfie

what about a dash cam? there are a lot of interesting video's on youtube that were shot using a dash cam. plus it could come in handy for when your doing your normal every day driving. i know i have been thinking about getting one for just the fact of how dumb the people on the road seem to be lately.

SixGun

I've seen some of the videos from the dash and seem kinda ho hum.  I think with it on the outside and at the rear you still see your truck and the articulation of your suspension.  For example, in some of those HF videos, it looks pretty smooth but you can hear and see the truck moving through the dips and bumps.  Then again, you could always do both. 

rjtx667

as cheap as camera's are now days, yeah I want to try and work something out for that.

The biggest concern being the video quality and the storage.

The backup camera on the 2000 seems decent but is not HD quality, and I also have no way to store it.

I could go the easy way with a go pro or whatever, but I will research it some first.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun