News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

2000 Mexico RamCharger

Started by rjtx667, July 26, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

had time for a jy run today... found a couple of efans I need to test.

Found some steering wheel control buttons for the radio I needed. I also found a new better antenna so thats cool....

but the best thing is I found a 99 Sport that had an almost complete  engine compartment chassis wire harness. It appears to be about 90% compatible.

It does not have the rear wiper washer fluid power, and the connectors to the fuel pump are different.

I have it in but not done yet. The running lights and turn lights work, and brights "kind of work" meaning the normal lights change, but the "quads" do not come on, and the light on the dash does not come one... but I think its good enough to pass inspection.

I also found a rear harness for the hatch I think might work off a 2000 caravan.

:13:

Going to play some more, get the fuel pump connected and see if I can get the sucker running again. Then I have to track down the door lock issues... after that I think it will be good to go.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

e-fans eh? what did you take them out of? definitely might have to do up a review. i know the rads on the newer rams seem to be a bit smaller so i am not sure if caravan fans would fit. i do know someone on rcc said the caravan fan he got pulled air better than the 3000cfm fan he bought.

workgoats

I have several fans that I have collected over the years.  Do I need to take them to Hidden Falls in April to see if they would be of any use to anyone?  I think two came off of a cheby lumina and one came off of a Cherokee.  I think there may be another but if it is still there, I have no idea what it came from.

rjtx667

I got 2 from a caravan, well 3 really but the 3rd was aftermarket.

The other was from a dakota... but sadly it needs to go back on a dakota.

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

had to go back to the JY to get the connector for the fuel pump... this harness has parts for the trailer wires, though it does not seem to be working yet, I am hopeful.

Its now running and driving again with all required safety lights. I have to figure out the high/ quad beams as well as the temp sensor. The washer fluid connectors were gone, but I can splice those back in later as well as add in the wire for the rear wiper.

The harness is also missing the plug for the abs module, but I will splice that in and install the module I bought here in a few weeks (after inspection is done).

The power door locks are still acting up on me (aka not working). I picked up another set of lock actuators from the JY today just in case those are the issue, but the rear hatch lock is not working either so I don't know.  :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

All in all it was a much more productive weekend than I thought... though I still have to hang the new door on the 93.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Hey Ryan, there is a sweet special on Hooker Polished Stainless Steel Mufflers for just $59.50 ea.  They are regular $169.95 each.  You can get them in 2.5" or 3" for the Aero Chamber or Maximum Flow style.  I remember you mentioning the Aero Chamber before.  The stainless would fit right in with your show truck.  Here is a page from the site with some of them listed.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/hooker-headers/department/exhaust/part-type/mufflers/inlet-diameter-in/2-500-in
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on March 19, 2013, 09:52:04 PM
Hey Ryan, there is a sweet special on Hooker Polished Stainless Steel Mufflers for just $59.50 ea.  They are regular $169.95 each.  You can get them in 2.5" or 3" for the Aero Chamber or Maximum Flow style.  I remember you mentioning the Aero Chamber before.  The stainless would fit right in with your show truck.  Here is a page from the site with some of them listed.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/hooker-headers/department/exhaust/part-type/mufflers/inlet-diameter-in/2-500-in

sweet thanks!!! they had the 3.5" on sale too, but I only found it after I searched for the part number.  :13:

That was a nice find and a good saving  :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Since your truck is going to be a daily driver, I don't know if I would put the 3" or 3.5".  I don't know anyone else's feelings but it would be really loud and you want to keep some back pressure in the motor too.  Make it a sleeper and that way you can hear your stereo too.  Just my 2 cents.

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on March 19, 2013, 11:33:39 PM
Since your truck is going to be a daily driver, I don't know if I would put the 3" or 3.5".  I don't know anyone else's feelings but it would be really loud and you want to keep some back pressure in the motor too.  Make it a sleeper and that way you can hear your stereo too.  Just my 2 cents.

I am taking a page out of mad max's book... or plan too

2.5" into a 3.5" collector and 3.5" single all the way out. a single 3.5" flows the same as a dual 2.5" just not dual exhaust

I don't want it loud, so I hope this works like I want it to.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Aha.... thought you had duals.  Hope it works as planned.   :icon_salut:

rjtx667

:angry5:

figured out why my power locks are not working... and maybe a few other things.

Apparently Dodge could not be consistent with wire harness's. So after tracing down various things tonight I finally figured out the connector that goes from the dash wire harness to the chassis wire harness are not lined up as they should be (could explain the rear wiper not working too).

so now I have to try and fix that, I ordered the Miller tool 6934 which the MSF says is used to take connectors apart. I am hoping that this will let me re-arrange the connector instead of the other option of having to splice in a known good pair of connectors.

Have to see when the tool gets here.

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So I got the headlights "mostly" working... meaning normal and high beams now function correctly, but the dash indicator does not. I bought a new headlight switch, but fog lights are not working either. I am going to guess wiring issue that are needed to be fixed all over the place, but have not looked yet.

I did manage to get it to pass inspection today, so thats good progress.  :13:

Maybe after I get back from going out of town this weekend I can get the 93 axle and door fixed up so I can drive it and pull the engine out of the 2000.

Mike said the short block is done and cam is in and degreed. He has all the parts he needs and is just working on the heads and various parts so he can finish the assembly. Should be end of next week at the lastest before its ready to ship.

I really hope I can get it installed and going good before the RJ planning trip, the burban' did not care for pulling even an empty trailer... of course if the RC had 3.08 gears I don't think it would like it either  :angry5: Stupid GM putting 3.08 gears in SUV's
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i am guessing those 3.08 gears are how those things are get as good of gas mileage as they do.

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on March 25, 2013, 09:13:12 PM
i am guessing those 3.08 gears are how those things are get as good of gas mileage as they do.

I guess that depends on if you call 14.3 "good" for combo city/ highway driving.

I am about ready to get it bumped to 3.73's. It should help with gas millage in town, and if not it will at least be a bit better to drive in  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

14.3 is not bad. that is what my 93 ramcharger was averaging. i bet if you did lots of highway driving you would get better mileage.