News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

2000 Mexico RamCharger

Started by rjtx667, July 26, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

looks good. is that a intake air temp sensor in that airbox?

what color led's did you use? they look nice.

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on May 31, 2013, 01:18:06 PM
looks good. is that a intake air temp sensor in that airbox?

what color led's did you use? they look nice.

yeah I did not k is where else to put it, I need to drill and tap a hole maybe.

the led's are dark blue. I had some in the 91, but they are single led and not bright, these are 5 led per and help a lot
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

so is the temp sensor on a switch so that you can switch swap back and forth between the one in the intake and the one in the air box? i know i saw the idea and was going to try it on my 93 when i get some time. i got a spare sensor with the spare intake i bought. i heard it can give you a bit more power.

rjtx667

the Hughes intake does not have a spot for the sensor, so only there.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

that seems a bit stupid to me. you pay $600 for a fuel injected intake and there is no where to put the air temp sensor.

rjtx667

well their thought (which I mostly agree with) is that its stupid it measure the air temp inside the hot manifold, better to do that in the intake tube.

I just need to either drill a hole in the 4" tube for that or find another location to put it.

I am also thinking of trying to fab my own setup, and move it from the side to the front next to the radiator and get more of a "ram air" style intake because it would get fresh air from the grille.

Stopped by at lunch, he welded collector plates onto the headers (thank goodness, I was worried how he was going to do that), and has the driver side done to the x pipe (so crossing behind transmission mount and over to pass side, as the cat on then the x pipe). The passenger side is almost the same but not bolted up.  Once he gets that done most of the hard work should be done, from there just get the mufflers on and the last tailpipe section. I also decided to get some nice looking tips... they are black to keep with the no chrome look lol. The only thing that remotely resembles chrome is the CAI and the headers. Headers are "Armor coated" whatever that means, and the intake is polished SS I believe. If I was thinking I would have taken a few shots of it.

While I was under there yesterday removing stuff I looked at the spare tire... 245/55R16 convert it and its about 27" tall. Go look at the tires that are on it... 265/70R17 convert it and its about 32.1" tall  :confused2: 5" taller on the tires? dang no wonder its so tall. So I can get a 2.5" give or take drop just by going back to factory height tires (and keep the 17" wheels). So like a 235/55R17

Once I recovery from all this work here lately I will have to look into that and see if I can afford to make that happen  :dontknow:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So here are some pics of the exhaust.

1st is looking from back of truck forward at the driver side pipe coming behind the tranny mount
2nd is looking across the same pipe
3rd the x-pipe and the mufflers
4th the cats... small huh
5th back of mufflers and tail pipe.

Just got the AFR set back and re-calibrated. Not sure why it got off, but it did  :dontknow:

first run shows the fuel is a bit off, but you can tell a difference and the numbers don't lie either

:040:

0-60 in 6.4 seconds!!!! .41 seconds faster than best and thats with a tune that is not good yet. I am waiting for the next revision to see how that does. I would love to see it get into the high 5's but I don't know that its going to happen  :crybaby2:

Either way it has to be one of the fastest ramchargers around, no matter what generation  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Not sure y'all care but I am stoked!!!  :dance:

did more tuning tonight, had to stop a bit early because I had enough torque to pull the driveshaft out of alignment a bit and so I need a trip to Home Depot to get a bolt to resolve that  :angry5:

The good news is, with new exhaust and some, but not all tuning... we hit 0-60 in 6.15 seconds  :confused2:

1/8 mile was 9.51 which puts the 1/4 mile estimated at 14.85  :13:

we are pretty sure we can get it to break into the high 5's on the 0-60. I don't plan to run it hard all the time, the dang fuel cost too much but its fun while we tweak it.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

:laughing4:

why yes, yes it is... and in fact with a new file he sent I got 6.07 and my speedo is off so figure thats more like 0-64.2 in 6.07!!!!

I went and met some fellow Mopar nut's (dakota guys) yesterday and I laughed at one of them while he was looking at my tires.

"Those are not exactly launch friendly tires" I think that was a good way to put it, but it made me laugh.

I had a nice little group of guys come over and check it out, they all approved  :13:

Right now I am averaging 13's in combo of city/ highway driving and 19-20 highway driving. Thats on 93 octane and I really want to get the combo mpg up more but for what it is I guess I can't complain.... I know many of 318's and 360's that can't do that.  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Man I found the wheels I want, I just wish things did not cost so much lol

http://customwheelsmarket.com/20srremablwh.html

I think they would look good, but 20" wheels are big when factory was 16 lol. Not sure how big of a sidewall you could fit on there.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Whooooooa nellie..... hold those horses.  Are those $700 a piece?????   

That's a couple of Ramchargers there.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

I don't know, and it does not matter as they are not going to get bought lol.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

so I am not sure if its good or not, but I have now reached traction issue territory  :13:

this last tune seems to have put me over the top, on a curve 0-60 was 5.66.... the straight test was a 6.34 due to the above mentioned loss of traction

using online calculators we estimate 472hp at the crank and 320-350 at the rear wheels.

and in town/ highway I got 14.3 so that's getting better to, the only thing that remains to be seen is if I can keep out of trouble with it :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

the only thing that remains to be seen is if I can keep out of trouble with it
I fear I know the answer to that question.