News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

2000 Mexico RamCharger

Started by rjtx667, July 26, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemouton

Well I have found something to save for.  :13: Having or will purchase two RCs in the last two months I am not able to spend that kind of money right now, but that sure is a nice ride.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

The War Wagon

I would love to see one of those converted to 4wd (Dakota/Durango chassis/running gear?), lifted, and a whole hog 360 Magnum monster build dropped in it.  If all you need is to pull the body off the factory frame, and bolt it to the Dakota/Durango frame accordingly, I think such conversions would really take off, with a steady supply of good bodies!  :dance:

Oh yeah - T-18 tranny, NP205 case, and Dana 60's front & rear.  Folks would flip out over the places such a beast could crawl!  :great:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

joemouton

Great! Well, war wagon there is always that one person in the group who comes up with such a great idea that you have to now save three times what you planned on saving and perhaps sell you best running vehicle. Thanks buddy.
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

rjtx667

Hey,

sorry I have been MIA, got a new job and its a bit hectic right now.

I got luck and found mine on Craigslist in Cali and had a friend buy it and ship it out to me. It was in bad shape with paint and tranny issues.

Just have to keep an eye out on the web to see what you find.

As far as 4wd goes, you can't swap it to a durango chassis thats too small, and it can't just go onto a ram 1500 chassis because those are too long. from my understanding to convert it you would need a donor frame and graph the 2 together in the front sections to make it work.

Its a real pita and why I decided 2wd was good enough for me.  :13:  Besides, if its snowing and icy or I am going off roading I am NOT taking that thing... I have a 93 trail rig (which in a way is just as rare, but it was already beat up).

And War Wagon... who wants a magnum 360 when you can have a magnum 408?  :headband:  they rock thats all I have to say lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I was thinking about redoing the exhaust in my 91 D150 with the 5.2 and was wondering what you ended up with on the exhaust on this monster.  If I remember correctly, it is single exhaust but with like a 3 or 4" pipe.  Can you give me details again?  All I know for sure is that is sounds mean as heck.   :hello:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on November 26, 2013, 12:42:27 AM
I was thinking about redoing the exhaust in my 91 D150 with the 5.2 and was wondering what you ended up with on the exhaust on this monster.  If I remember correctly, it is single exhaust but with like a 3 or 4" pipe.  Can you give me details again?  All I know for sure is that is sounds mean as heck.   :hello:

Does it sound THIS mean:headbang:

http://s212.photobucket.com/user/The_War_Wagon/media/Ramcharger/100_8648_zpsfe1e2fa3.mp4.html

rjtx667

ended up with dual 2.5" pipe and a x pipe. it has high flow magnaflow cats and hooker aerochamber "mufflers". the mufflers are mostly see through and not sure how much they help.

I also have a set of pacesetter long tube headers on it.

I should have an audio file of if somewhere I can post up when I get a few
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

See with the gas tank at the rear on RC's, duals are no problem.  On the D150 it has the driver's side tank and I will have to run it down one side.  Hooker has a kit that goes outside the frame rail and then crosses over the drive shaft - no likey.  Then JC Whitney carries one that goes outside the frame rail on both sides - hmmm ... no likey.  So I was thinking bigger tube single exhaust possibly.  Cheaper with only one cat and muffler too.  Right now it is running single exhaust with the V6 small tube pipes setup.  It's like running track with one nostril closed off.  LOL

@ War Wagon- no offense but Ryan's MX RC sounds super nice like crisp clean $100 bills floating out of the exhaust.   :13:

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

the 2000 also has a side mounted tank, both pipes run down the pass side. with the 5.2 you could do a single 3" and be more than good. I have a cat and muffler I could sell ya
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on November 26, 2013, 05:44:12 PM@ War Wagon- no offense but Ryan's MX RC sounds super nice like crisp clean $100 bills floating out of the exhaust.   :13:

I don't have headers...

Yet...  8)

murfman

I finally got me one of these things!
Pic from the seller when I bought it:
On the trailer coming home:

Mine also is staying 2 WD, BUT I'm swapping in a 24V Cummins/ NV5600 6 speed / Dana 80 / 3/4 Ton front suspension from a 2001 2500 QC I bought to part out

rjtx667

That looks pretty nice.

Let me know of anything you rip off yours... I might can use some of it.

Mine was missing a few parts, and was not a SLT to begin with so I had to get creative on a few things  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

Quote from: murfman on March 20, 2014, 04:29:29 PM
I finally got me one of these things!

Mine also is staying 2 WD, BUT I'm swapping in a 24V Cummins/ NV5600 6 speed / Dana 80 / 3/4 Ton front suspension from a 2001 2500 QC I bought to part out

9" of lift, 5.13's, a 392 Hemi crate engine, and 40" M/T/s, and you'll be stylin' & profilin'!  :great:

murfman

Quote from: The War Wagon on March 21, 2014, 08:07:42 AM
9" of lift, 5.13's, a 392 Hemi crate engine, and 40" M/T/s, and you'll be stylin' & profilin'!  :great:

Will do, but the parts I strip off will mostly be driveline/suspension related. 

I would like to find a 3rd row seat, I'd most likely never use it but it would be nice to have.  I would also like to replace the roof rails, they are pretty beat up.  I'd also like to find the lower plastic trim under the hatch, mine is broken under the latch post on the floor.

My registration request came back denied because of insufficient papaerwork.  They are looking for another form from Mexico that I will most likely not be able to attain, so I'm going to use the  registration from the 2001 Ram 2500 I bought for the Cummins/6 speed.

The War Wagon

Quote from: murfman on March 23, 2014, 08:59:03 AMMy registration request came back denied because of insufficient papaerwork.  They are looking for another form from Mexico that I will most likely not be able to attain...

That bites big weiners.  I'm guessing we'd have about the same luck bringing a '96 Ramcharger into the country, as we would a '99...  :-\