News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Willyreplica from the start...

Started by workgoats, July 26, 2012, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

Quote from: SixGun on February 10, 2013, 11:20:34 AM
:icon_salut:  Could always hang a flag off the C-clamp.
Aggie flags come with a flag pole.

workgoats

Here's a pic of the location for my on-board air tank and the battery for the winch.  The cab is to the right, gas tank to the left.

And here is a look at what I plan to do to the floor of the bed.  The dark wood is Ipe wood from South America and the light wood is unknown.  It came as a support for some device that was delivered to our shop.  I plan to make a door above the air tank and battery compartment and hinge it from the front (back of cab).  There should be room for a jack, some u-joints and other stuff that we tend to break on the trail.

SixGun

Looks like a nice little trunk space.  We're not gonna recognize it by the time RJ comes around.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

I have steadily been working on this thing. 

I have finished the on board air, except for a line to a quick connect on the outside. 

I have installed the battery for the winch and wired it to plugs on both bumpers.  That will let me use the winch and the jumper cables at both ends. 

I am almost through with the framing for the cab.  It's not exactly what I had originally planned but it will do.  I haven't designed the rear window yet and I will have to go pick up some more material but I "have an idea".

I have installed a battery isolater on the firewall  and all is complete except for drilling a hole in the floor and attaching it to the second battery.

I am off tomorrow because I have to work this weekend.  It is not supposed to rain so maybe I can get it outside and take some pics.  That would let me have a chance to clean out the garage a little too.  No telling how many tools I can find if I could find the floor.

Ernest and I want to do a test drive early in April.  Anyone else gonna be ready to make a run to Hidden Falls or General Sam's?  (I think Ernest will be driving a ferd...)

By the way, I bought a wireless remote for the new 12,000 winch and have almost 140 feet of new plasma rope to put on it too.  The plasma rope will cut, but the breaking strength is about 2 times that of steel of the same diameter.  I'll have to carry some carpet to protect it over ledges and stuff.

rjtx667

http://ramcharger.net/index.php/topic,118.0.html

I am game... started a thread for us in a new section just so we can try to keep track.  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

I have started building the cab.  I had originally planned on using the same radius at the back of the cab as the cowling and fender radius'.  However, I just simply don't have the time now.

Here is the start.  First picture is hard to see what I have done due to the white on white of the pic.

I have installed a battery isolater to keep the battery for the winch charged.

Here is the battery for the winch and the tank for the on-board air.  Both are located in a compartment behind the cab and in front of the gas tank.  I will have a door in the bed of the "pickup bed" to allow access.  The air line will extend into the compartment over the gas tank where I plan to store the straps and stuff.

Here is where I started with the winch today.  It had steel rope and I used an old roller fairlead because I didn't want to scratch up the new one before I installed the plasma rope.

The line was attached with a set screw holding it in a hole cast in the drum.

Here is what it looked like after installing the plasma rope and the new fairlead.

I have these plugs on both bumpers, attached to the winch battery.  I have a set of jumper cables that plug into this too.  If the battery is down on the engine, I can jump it from the plug on the front bumper.

After I backed it back into the garage, I took a pic of the winch on the front bumper.  I suspect that on the trail I will keep the winch in the back bumper as it appears to be safer.

It is amazing how much lighter the winch is with the plasma rope as opposed to the wire rope.

rjtx667

makes me want a winch... and the receiver setup you have.  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Good time to trade services.  Ron can make you some receivers front and rear and you can set up his TBI setup with the computer.  Win Win   :035:

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on February 22, 2013, 11:43:26 PM
Good time to trade services.  Ron can make you some receivers front and rear and you can set up his TBI setup with the computer.  Win Win   :035:

and here I just planned on getting his while he was distracted  :dance:

I want to try fabbing my own, as long as people don't laugh at me too much  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Here is the update on the camera situation:

The rear camera still tilts and I pulled the camera from the red truck and put it in the grille.  It's a little obvious but what the heck.

I also decided to put the monitor in the dash.  I don't have a very big dash but this will do.

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Guys this man needs a hobby. He has to much time and energy and money. I'm waiting on him to install a butt warming in this thing. lol
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

workgoats

Quote from: chicken-little78 on February 27, 2013, 08:58:07 PM
Guys this man needs a hobby. He has to much time and energy and money. I'm waiting on him to install a butt warming in this thing. lol

The fake leather, electric seats are waiting in the barn at work but I really hadn't thought about a butt warmer. :icon_scratch:

SixGun

Quote from: chicken-little78 on February 27, 2013, 08:58:07 PM

So are you planning on being a passenger again??   :laughing7:

rjtx667

Quote from: workgoats on February 27, 2013, 09:45:26 PM
The fake leather, electric seats are waiting in the barn at work but I really hadn't thought about a butt warmer. :icon_scratch:

I would suggest to focus on a butt cooler before a butt warmer... it gets hot in August  :laughing7:

Its why my 93 will have all windows and A/C fully charged for RJ
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Richard I haven't decided yet. I'm working on getting the mistress ready. I hope it is ready and can handle the steep rocks. We'll see  :dance: :dance:
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)