News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Willyreplica from the start...

Started by workgoats, July 26, 2012, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

that thing is looking good. i don't know about the yellow but i guess we will have to wait and see once it is done. i kind of like the green.

SixGun

Yellow paint does look nice and pretty but I really liked the OD green too. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

The yeller is just spray cans.  When I get through "designing" and if it is worth driving around town, I will sand it all down put some filler in the bad spots and re-paint it.  Then we can see what the final color is.

My first new car was a 68 Dodge Dart GT and it was this color of yellow.  New out of the dealer for $3030.00

rjtx667

Quote from: workgoats on March 27, 2013, 05:55:40 AM
New out of the dealer for $3030.00

I wish it was back then still.... my transmission for the 2000 cost more than that, and don't even get me started on the paint or engine  :fucyc:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Well no wonder it was only 3 grand with yeller spray paint from the factory.   :laughing7:

Seriously, I think the yellow paint would look good with some black accents on it.  I know it's Easter season but don't make it too yellow. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

I have been working on it, almost every night.  I have basically finished the bed and the cab.  Still to go is a tailgate and some bed trim.  I will install a rear window in the cab and build some sort of sliding windows over the top of the doors.  I will have them removable for good weather and events.

Here it is, out on the driveway, driven by Ernest:

vimeo.com/62974503

taz_man440

Have you started tryin to make it legal yet?
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

workgoats

Quote from: taz_man440 on March 29, 2013, 10:04:14 PM
Have you started tryin to make it legal yet?

I'm getting close but won't start till after Hidden Falls. Insurance comes first and it will be time for a new insurance policy then. I will have to find an agent that will cover it.

workgoats

Here are the pictures taken today.  It is now back in the garage.  I'll be putting the skid plate back on and finishing up a few things before we hit the trails on April 26th at Hidden Falls.

I used it today to get the rest of the red truck parts loaded and stored away in storage.

The axles will go under the RC with the magnum engine and the throttle body off the 360 will go on the 318 in the "Tonka Willy".  Eventually the 360 may make its way there too.

The next picture shows a closer view of the second receiver for the winch.  This receiver is not directly attached to the frame but it will be strong enough to pull a vehicle up on the trailer (with the trailer attached to the truck).

And here is my truck and my daughter's XJ after taking the required Easter pictures by the pond.

workgoats

So, check this out...

I will apply for a replica title.  I will request it to be a replica of a 1948 Willys Pickup.  If it was built after 1949 to represent a 1948 or earlier vehicle, is built from materials not used originally or modified in shape and the title says replica, then it can be licensed as a street rod.  It has to be inspected by an ASE mechanic to get the title. 

I have to document where the motor, frame and body came from.  Motor came from a vehicle that I now own so that won't be a problem.  I built the frame and body.

End result:  replica title, street rod plates = exempt from state inspection.  Go figure. :icon_scratch:

rjtx667

wow crazy but kind of cool all at once... you now get a small return on your labor investment every year from not getting an inspection lol.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

I put 100 feet of 3/8" plasma rope on my 12,000# winch.  100 feet of plasma rope weighs 3.7 pounds.  Minimum tensile strength is 17,500 pounds.  Seems pretty impressive.  I guess that is why we use it to lower expensive stuff to the bottom of the ocean.

I guess it will be okay to use it to winch Ernest's ferd up the hill.

I WILL NOT entertain the thought that the ferd might have to help my truck. :victory:

taz_man440

Ron, it would probably take 3 or 4 or us to get such a beast up a hill...lol
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

Quote from: taz_man440 on April 06, 2013, 11:11:53 PM
Ron, it would probably take 3 or 4 or us to get such a beast up a hill...lol

Why would we take it up the hill anyways? tell him to go use the bypass  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

taz_man440

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 07, 2013, 09:19:04 PM
Why would we take it up the hill anyways? tell him to go use the bypass  :evil6:

Well, drag it up the hill so he can get at least 1 picture of it going down the hill.. can't tell if its running or not in a pic....lol   

That would definitely be a watch this moment....
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project