News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Rain rain rain.... wow!

Started by SixGun, May 25, 2013, 01:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Wow... did you guys in Texas get slammed by all that rain yesterday going into this morning?  San Antonio is really cracking down on people going through the low water crossings.  Yeah, safety first, but seems like every puddle has barricades.  If you go around them it's ticket time.  Freeways were closed down, access roads were closed down, and abandoned vehicles everywhere.  Lots of accidents too.  Just too crazy but we really needed it.  Can't remember the last time it rained so much.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Not yesterday but it sure is pouring down on me now.

crazzywolfie

sounds like you are just getting the weather we had a couple of days ago. rain suck. we had so much rain in a short time on Tuesday that there was some places where there was huge puddles in the road. i know i hit 2 of them when i went to pick my nephew up from school but they were gone not even 10 minutes later. i also decided i will need to see about upgrading my alternator soon. every time i came to a stop things seemed to be discharging.

SixGun

I overheard a conversation that my manager was having with this lady.  She was driving during the rain and her car stalled out so she left it and her husband picked her up.  They came back later and it was under water.  Depending on how you look at it, guess she got lucky.

Where I live, it is just outside city limits and the Sheriff's Dept is constantly watching for people to cross the barricades and pop them with a ticket.  There was this one puddle I wanted to cross but ended up going 5 miles out of my way to avoid the chance of a ticket.  We went through deeper water at Hidden Falls and I was in the truck. :angry5:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

Toyradio

No rain here in Houston. At least not on the east side. :dontknow:

workgoats

We went to a wedding in Fredericksburg.  It rained all the way there but quit a couple of hours before the wedding.  We left there about 10:00 last night and it was raining.  We got to College Station some 3.5 hours later and it was raining here but the drive was dry.

Guess that means our trees won't be dying yet and we will get to mow a few more times for sure.

I think it rained enough at Hidden Falls that the trails may all be different.

crazzywolfie

Quote from: SixGun on May 26, 2013, 12:40:37 AM
I overheard a conversation that my manager was having with this lady.  She was driving during the rain and her car stalled out so she left it and her husband picked her up.  They came back later and it was under water.  Depending on how you look at it, guess she got lucky.

Where I live, it is just outside city limits and the Sheriff's Dept is constantly watching for people to cross the barricades and pop them with a ticket.  There was this one puddle I wanted to cross but ended up going 5 miles out of my way to avoid the chance of a ticket.  We went through deeper water at Hidden Falls and I was in the truck. :angry5:
i guess someone slowed down too much for a puddle. i know if i see a puddle and have to go through it i don't slow down. if anything i put the skinny pedal a bit farther down.

sucks that law enforcement is such a bummer. i think up here if you cross a barricade you wont get a ticket but if you get in a accident your insurance is void which completely makes sense to me.