News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome James

Started by rjtx667, June 04, 2013, 08:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

I have not had the chance to meet James, but its nice to see him come over and check out our new site  :13:

James has been a big help trying to guide me on my quest for a 408 stroker power plant
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

The War Wagon

408 in the Ramcharger?!?!  AWESOME!!!  :headbang:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

Brutalowner

Hey guys,
Thanks for the welcome!
  RJTX667- For some reason, I cannot make the runfiles open. I spoke with our tuner in Cali, (who is waaay smarter than me)basically I don't have enough money in my software to read your particular files. Story of my life. :tongue3:
  Don't give up just yet. He has a contact in the Dallas area to check with, to see if he can take a spin on your tune.
  Glad to see the .net thing going, feels like RCC did in the early days.

SixGun

Hey James, how is that Challenger build going?  Any new pics of it?  Last time I saw it, you and Tommy were putting in the roll cage. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

Toyradio

Glad to see you finally make it the dark side. We really love this site and what it is and can be. Looks a lot like the early RCC

Brutalowner

Quote from: SixGun on June 04, 2013, 11:08:47 PM
Hey James, how is that Challenger build going?  Any new pics of it?  Last time I saw it, you and Tommy were putting in the roll cage. 
Pretty good, still has a few new car gremlins. Keeps going into limp mode (back to idle) All the nannys are turned off, but it still goes from WOT to idle at random times on the track. Has'nt done it on the street. A few guys at SRT seem to believe it is a function embedded deep in the PCM that shuts the car down when it exceeds 1.38G in any direction. It thinks that it's having a wreck. Does it pull over 1.38G in 5th gear at 175+mph? I dunno. I do know, at the Texas Mile, it went limp (back to idle) just before the 3/4 mile mark and coasted thru the traps 1/4 mile later at 176mph.....
http://www.brutaloffroad.com/Brutal_Off_Road/B.O.R._Skunkworks.html

Ahh, the Dark Side!

rjtx667

Quote from: The War Wagon on June 04, 2013, 05:10:46 PM
408 in the Ramcharger?!?!  AWESOME!!!  :headbang:

0-60 in 5.74!!!! its the fastest box on wheels I have seen  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Quote from: Brutalowner on June 04, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the welcome!
  RJTX667- For some reason, I cannot make the runfiles open. I spoke with our tuner in Cali, (who is waaay smarter than me)basically I don't have enough money in my software to read your particular files. Story of my life. :tongue3:
  Don't give up just yet. He has a contact in the Dallas area to check with, to see if he can take a spin on your tune.
  Glad to see the .net thing going, feels like RCC did in the early days.

I found someone on dakotart.com that does tuning on all jtec computers. He seems to be quite the whiz  :13:

I can get you his contact name and number, but I can say there is a night and day difference in my engine.

With Sean/ hemifever my best 0-60 was 9.74

Ryan helped tune the engine, and found restrictions on the intake and exhaust just simply by reading my logs. After fixing all restrictions and tuning some more (we still have some more to go) we got 0-60 in 5.74!!!!  4 seconds difference in tuning is huge. Before we fixed the exhaust it was 0-60 in 6.15

Ryan said he has done 15+ hemifever tunes because people complained about performance or drivability... and everyone has seen MAJOR improvements... not I think it might be a little better, but more of a Holy Cow this thing is amazing why did I wait so long. lol

I appreciate you looking into this, and I am going to have to make a road trip down there soon to show it off
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins