News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Just Checking in From Florida

Started by 9dawgs, June 22, 2013, 08:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9dawgs

Hey All, just signed on here.  Been over at RamchargerCentral.com and happened on this site. It looks like this one is pretty new.  I do see some folks on here from the other so I know the info will be as good  :thumbsup:  I haven't done a whole lot to it other than keep it running by replacing the old parts with new ones as needed.  I did purchase another 318 though that I'm building in my garage.  I have a lot of plans for it.  Anyhow, here's my truck:

'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

Toyradio

crazzywolfie

welcome :wave:. there might be a few familiar people around here.

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

I envy you southron guys, with your 30 year old rust-FREE trucks!  :icon_salut:

Makes me wonder how I ever ended up up HERE!  :tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

9dawgs

Quote from: The War Wagon on June 22, 2013, 01:30:03 PM
I envy you southron guys, with your 30 year old rust-FREE trucks!  :icon_salut:

Makes me wonder how I ever ended up up HERE!  :tongue3:

Hah, well it ain't "rust free" but it doesn't look as bad underneath as some of you folks up north with all the road salt in the winter.  Although it was bought new in Leesburg Florida it has the normal rust under the driver floor pan close to the door as well as just below the left tail light.  Shouldn't take much to fix though. That's on the back burner until I get the new motor in and a 4" lift under it.  :toothy9:
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

crazzywolfie

i would guess any rust your truck has is minor compared to what we see up here. the cab supports on my 93 were pretty much gone when i went to go fix the wobbly drivers seat.