News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

What did you do to your RC today?

Started by Toyradio, June 22, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazzywolfie

the thing that sucks is i went to walmart the next day to get the adapter plate to install the stereo and there was none of these stereo kits left. guess i might have to find another stereo somewhere else.

i ended up replacing the speakers in the door of my RC with the new ones that came with the kit and they sound about the same as the old speakers so i think the stereo will have to be replaced with something newer and better eventually. i installed the old speakers from the ramcharger in my 81 and installed the new stereo and things sound a lot better but will sound even better once i get the amp installed.

crazzywolfie

i hooked up the amp in my 81 and man do things sound good. can barely hear the 1 bad speaker in the dash. just have to secure the amp. might get some pics once things are cleaned up and bolted down. i also unplugged one of my electric fans since i have been using them so much lately and don't really need both of them to keep the truck cool.

Toyradio

Put fuel in the RC went to DSO and found some mud holes. Had a ball. No pics this time. :dontknow:

crazzywolfie

i bought a 390cfm Holley carb for $50 and a rebuilt battery for $57. both are for my 81. i was told the carb was used but after taking the float bowl off the primaries i am not sure :icon_scratch:. everything was fairly clean. i didn't even bother trying to get the secondaries float bowl off. i broke the primaries bowl gasket taking it off and then borrowed the reusable gasket off the 650 Holley carb i had sitting around.  i then installed it on my truck. works pretty good but not really sure if i see much of a difference yet. i am pretty sure i should get better gas mileage but we will see.

9dawgs

Loaded it up with shovels, hammers and rakes.  Added 3 kids and drove to VBS this morning at my church.  Been working out behind my church spreading some chipped stone around under our dumpster so it don't turn into a nasty mud hole. :great:
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

Not to my RC, but I finally have ALL the pieces to install the CB & scanner in my Jeep Commander, which I plan on starting Monday (my day off).  I've got as BIGGER rig going in the Ramcharger, and wiring the power supply, power inverter, and the like will be more labor intensive in the RC, I have BOATLOADS more room - and locations - to mount things in there. 

So if the 'trial run' installation goes well in the Commander, it should be a SNAP in the RC...  :tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

Toyradio

Installed a second battery, battery isolater. new amp for the C.B, and a newer CB. We are now radio active.

The War Wagon

Quote from: Toyradio on July 19, 2013, 11:44:14 AM
Installed a second battery, battery isolater. new amp for the C.B, and a newer CB. We are now radio active.

Post your CB work!  As someone who's got to install CB, scanner, coax, antennas, and... 'other  ;) '... I'd like to see some other setups for ideas!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

rjtx667

I put the head liner back in the 2000... also got some of the side plastic back in. The boys are starting to ride with me more and that head liner helps block some heat.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

trailduster.dave

I didn't  even look at mine but i think my center force is on order.

:great: to THE Brutal Owner
24DB Touring Car "Esther"
48NewYorker Coupe "Eleanor"
39Ply Clb Coupe "Lesley"
50Ply Business Coupe
76RC 400/435 60f/70r "DDs Revenge"
77CJ7 D44s 4.56 36s"Stanley"
78TD Stock
79RC "Washer"
79TD "Bob"
85Crewcab 360/nv4500
88Shelby Z 2.2 Turbo 5spd
87Suburban 6dr 454 T400 205 D44f/14 Bolt Dually 4.10

9dawgs

My Subject line should read "What did you WANT to do to your RC today?"

I got up early this morning because I need to replace my wiper motor before work. It went out on me the other day driving in a rainstorm.  Everything was looking good until the daily monsoon came in...Sooo, I guess I'll wait until I have a little time again. It's been raining steady here since the beginning of the month. Normally we get the afternoon thundershowers around 4 or 5 but today it started early.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks

crazzywolfie

before you go replacing the motor you may want to check the ground connection. it is very common for the ground connection to be bad. i have also even had my wiper motor kind of jamb which can sometime can be fixed by 2 people pulling on the wiper arms.

9dawgs

Well, I'll look at the ground but it's been going for a while now.  When it get's hot it just shuts down.  I normally can let it cool for a few minutes and it'll start up again but now it's just dead.  I did get it to move from the center of the windshield down to the bottom but now it won't move anymore.  I have another motor int he garage I'm planning to replace it with.

9dawgs

I finally got a chance to replace the wiper motor.  Man it's a bear to get to the two bottom bolts but I got 'er done.  Turns out the connector on top of the motor was burnt out. The insides literally melted out onto the motor.  It was a sticky mess.  I'm thinking it was some type of water resistant potting.  Anyhow, it works great now. :13:

The first picture shows the melted connector insides and the second is where it attaches to the motor.