News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

What did you do to your RC today?

Started by Toyradio, June 22, 2013, 02:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Well it may have been water resistant but it sure wasn't heat resistant.  Glad you got it going. 

I had my wipers go out at an inopportune time last summer.  I was out at the Lake and a storm blew in hard and unexpectantly.  While stopped in line at the exit to the park they suddenly stopped working.  Fortunately, Danger Dave lives a couple miles down the road and we were able to do a pop in visit until it blew over.   He knew right away that it was the little bushings.  Easy cheap fix but a scary couple of miles on some winding country roads to Dave's place.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

i swapped carbs on my 81 hope for the last time. got the rebuilt and painted carb on and so far it is running great. i also painted the intake and it is looking good.

crazzywolfie

i replaced the fuel lines that run into my gas tank today in attempt to fix my fuel delivery issue. i think it might might have been sucking air somewhere. thinking about replacing the all the fuel lines when i have the exhaust off to fix the leak. i also discovered where my exhaust is leaking today. bit angry about it but it should be an easy fix. it just has me wondering if a exhaust leak would make my engine run like crap since about the same time the exhaust started leaking my engine has been running like crap. not sure if the 2 are related or it just be a coincident.

Toyradio

My wife has been driving mine all week to work. The trans took a dump in her Monte Carlo SS.

crazzywolfie

my sisters been driving my ramcharger for about 2 month so that i would not have to pick her up from swimming lessons last month. i haven't really needed it back since i have been driving my dads ford when my 81 is acting up.

9dawgs

Pulled the battery and put it on a trickle charge in the garage.  Dang thing was dead again when I went to drive it the other day.  I got something draining the battery it seems.  Any ideas? If it happens again I'll take the battery to Discount and have it tested.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks
'04 Volvo XC70, AWD, 2.5L T5 Turbo
'99 Astro 4x2, 4.3L, 4"OLV lift, RS5000 Shocks, BFGoodrich 31x10.50 DECEASED...

rjtx667

lights are what seem to be the biggest issue for me. The rear hatch does not always close just right and can leave the lights on.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

9dawgs

Figured out the battery drain issue. I tested my alternator and it's not charging.  That would do it.... :laughing7:  Now just need to change the alternator.  I did however clean up the rust on the battery tray and repainted it.
'86 Dodge Ramcharger, 4X4, 318, 727, NPG208, General Grabber AT2 285/75R16s, Rough Country Nitro RCX 9000 Shocks

crazzywolfie

been doing some more tire spinning in my 81 since the weather has made the streets wet enough that it take no effort at all for my truck to spin the tires even with the 3.23 gears. also discovered that my truck seems to leak a lot more water than it use to.

taz_man440

Today I picked up some hood scoops for cheap.... Now I added at least 40 hp.... :dance:
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

Well heck if 2 is 40 horses then 4 is 80.  whoop whoop   :13:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

Well, the truck is getting new exhaust, so I didn't do anything to the truck BUT, I cleaned the bay really really really good so it has a clean place when it comes home. That has to count for something. ;D
Chuck

The War Wagon

Quote from: 9dawgs on August 26, 2013, 12:39:04 PM
Figured out the battery drain issue. I tested my alternator and it's not charging.  That would do it.... :laughing7:  Now just need to change the alternator.  I did however clean up the rust on the battery tray and repainted it.

Advance Auto carries a nice 125 amp alternator; depending on the store, they may have it in stock.

I had to run down to Homestead, PA (about 5 miles away, but NOT my closest store) to get mine this spring.  LOTTA closed steel mills down there, but one or two still are still running.  Turns out (in talking to the store manager), that most of them had W150's as fleet vehicles back in the day.  That Advance Auto is the only one in the area that keeps the 125 amp alternators in stock, as well as some other heavier-duty old Dodge parts!  :great:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

9dawgs

I replaced mine with a 78 amp from Advance. That was the only choice besides the 60amp remans.  Anyhow, it's all good now.  Everything is working as advertised! :>)