News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1976 Big Block RC build

Started by SixGun, July 27, 2012, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

OK all done. 15 minutes of repair and an hour later. Only took 3 breaks to piss, eat some popsicles and pick up Yolanda. Even snugged down the bolts as tight as a prom queen.  :headbang:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

crazzywolfie

that is why i hate those vises that rotate. more stuff that can break. i got a plane jane vise for that reason. less to break.

SixGun

Its been a pretty decent vise. I bought that thing back in 1990 when I tore my GTX apart. 24 years old.  Probably about a dollar a year. So now it's in overtime.

So I mountedy ball joint press back on it and put my front driveshaft together.  Those double cardan joints are a sonnuvabitch to put together.  Like a Chinese jigsaw puzzle.

Probably the worst of it was the attack of the mosquito Valkyrie. They really suck right now. No pun intended.

Well looks like the wifey and I will celebrate with a couple of margaritas at our favorite Mexican restaraunt.  Yum yum

crazzywolfie

it is nice when tools feel like they have paid for themselves. i know i feel like that all the time with my compressor. i got a killer deal on it and use it all the time for so many things that would cost me lots of money if i had to pay someone else to do it.

ProjectM880

Whats the Latest on the RC??? You going to have it ready to wheel in October ??  :steeringwheel:

SixGun

Stalled out.   :017:

Motor and transfer are in Ernest's storage. Funds and free time have been funneled to Carter temporarily.  Should be back on it pretty soon. But....not soon enough for October  :disgust:

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on September 12, 2014, 02:45:48 PM
Stalled out.   :017:

Motor and transfer are in Ernest's storage. Funds and free time have been funneled to Carter temporarily.  Should be back on it pretty soon. But....not soon enough for October  :disgust:

no worries I know the feeling...... "next year" is when all my shit will be fixed... :tard: 

the Top Hand WILL be making an appearance at the october meet though.....come hell or high water  :tongue3:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

Don't worry Richard, My M880 Has been collecting dust for a better part of a decade  ::)

ProjectPW

Quote from: ProjectM880 on September 13, 2014, 07:00:29 AM
Don't worry Richard, My M880 Has been collecting dust for a better part of a decade  ::)

The pigs drive it while you are gone.....  :steeringwheel:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on September 13, 2014, 09:46:03 AM

The pigs drive it while you are gone.....  :steeringwheel:

That's why I took the Gas Tank out, since it doesn't have keys anymore.......

SixGun

I was JY hunting yesterday for Carter and ran across a new arrival.  77 W200 Club Cab with a 400 2v 4spd 8 lug axles but to me the front looked like a maybe an HD D44.  Dual tank set up. That sucker had been beat on with a rusty sledge hammer. Hood and roof rusted through. So why put this in my build thread you say.  Because it had a factory (?) winch bumper. I found the literature that showed the bumper coming with an odd shaped Warn PTO winch.  I should have picked that up. Looks like it will mount the winch sideways to the front plate. The bolt  pattern is 4-1/2" x 10" like my other winch. The mounting plate is 1/4" thick.  The Viper winch I bought a little while back is a low profile design with a remote solenoid box. So this should work great together.

ProjectM880

Good Score!

PM Me where you found that Junk yard! I need that Bell housing and drive train!

workgoats

Hey, if we can wire weld up a hole from an electrical short in a  brake line, there might be other options.

SixGun

11795 Applewhite Rd., San Antonio, TX 78224
Phone: 210-298-5420

http://www.picknpullsa.com/