News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1976 Big Block RC build

Started by SixGun, July 27, 2012, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

I need to make another trip out there. I went after work cutting it close on time and it pored on me. Started making the closing announcements before I could pull the other stuff I needed.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

I think Noah and i will need to make a road trip!  :steeringwheel:

rjtx667

I call dibs if its a dana 60 front  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

I want the Drive train and some body parts.  ;D

But we will see what they have.

rjtx667

you already have a d60 front don't you?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on September 18, 2014, 12:46:26 PM
you already have a d60 front don't you?

I have two actually and two 44HDs.

I want the engine and trans out of the truck

SixGun

I was just thinking about it.  Do you need green door panels or jump seats. They were in pretty good shape. Bench was a goner though. Are you back home now? I will be heading out there tomorrow afternoon if all goes as planned.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on September 18, 2014, 04:28:54 PM
I was just thinking about it.  Do you need green door panels or jump seats. They were in pretty good shape. Bench was a goner though. Are you back home now? I will be heading out there tomorrow afternoon if all goes as planned.

I'm still at work wont get back till next week. But I do need some inner pieces. Any chance you can take some pictures of the truck inside and out?

SixGun

Yeah, no problem. I intended to take some cell pics last time but it was raining cats and dogs.

SixGun

Okay here's some pics of that club cab W200.

SixGun

So here's what decided to come home with me.  A 3 row radiator, 7 blade fan and spacer, upper rad hose, shroud, battery cables, big block PS bracket pump and hoses.  :headbang:

I also picked up the Warn winch owners manual.

Eric here's a couple of inside pics also.

ProjectM880

Awesome! Thanks Richard, I defiantly see some parts I could use.  :headbang:

ProjectM880

So whats the process there? Can you drive your truck there or is it by wheel barrow everywhere? Will they assist in removing big parts?

SixGun

They have wheel barrows, big flat carts or engine hoists that roll around.
There are independant pullers also. Dont know what they charge though. Prolly best to give them a call.  The rental on the flat carts and wheel barrows are just a buck.

BTW I believe the flat spot by the distributor showed 71 400 if I'm not mistaken. Would that make it a forged crank in 71. I really should have gone down under and looked at the date on the side of the block. Oh well.... :dontknow:

ProjectM880

Not Sure on the Forged crank. But I can guarantee that motor needs a full machine shop and rebuild. With the distributor pulled and rusted out hood, I'm pretty sure that motor is full of water and rust.