News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1976 Big Block RC build

Started by SixGun, July 27, 2012, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

should be loads of fun to pull apart  :violent1: :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

SixGun

Someone may have pulled the dizzy there at p-n-p. I left the hood up so water would run off.  It was the only thing missing in engine compartment.  Next day the near pristine grille disappeared. 
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on September 21, 2014, 05:19:44 PM
Someone may have pulled the dizzy there at p-n-p. I left the hood up so water would run off.  It was the only thing missing in engine compartment.  Next day the near pristine grille disappeared.

Did you notice if the core support was rotted or not?

SixGun

Rusty no but cracked I dunno.  Mine has a crack but hoping it can be repaired.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on September 21, 2014, 08:21:35 PM
Rusty no but cracked I dunno.  Mine has a crack but hoping it can be repaired.

I Will have to check that out.

SixGun

So I took my new bumper and sized my winch to it. It no fit....hmmm.

The drivers side top plate for one is blocking. It is longer than the pass side. Took it off and cut to match.  Then there's the front plate braces in the way. So I cut them off and ground them down. Bought some channel iron to replace. Bought some new bolts and washers too. 

I also searched YouTube and found videos on turning the winch housings since it will be mounted on the front plate.

Hopefully I can get it welded up while I'm at Noah's so I can get a little of that Troxell engineering that's going around. [emoji48]

SixGun

Noah welded some supports into my new winch bumper. Had to cut the old ones out to fit modern winch.  Also picked up some glasspacks and rear pipes. Thanks Eric!  He also gave me a rear driveshaft that I needed. While I was at the shop Noah let me use the cabinet sand blaster in the intake and water pump housing.  They came out real nice and finished them up with some Hemi Orange paint if course.

SixGun

Well the driveshaft we picked up from Noah's junkyard is mixed matched. The driveshaft is for a 7290 with 2-5/8" in between the yoke.  The slip joint fit the 16 splines but is probably for a 1310 with 2-3/8" across the yoke and set up for outside pinch clips instead of the inside C clips. Dammit   :disgust:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on September 29, 2014, 02:01:40 PM
Well the driveshaft we picked up from Noah's junkyard is mixed matched. The driveshaft is for a 7290 with 2-5/8" in between the yoke.  The slip joint fit the 16 splines but is probably for a 1310 with 2-3/8" across the yoke and set up for outside pinch clips instead of the inside C clips. Dammit   :disgust:
if your saYing the yoke is wrong Richard i have several other yokes. I must of grabbed the wrong one from the pile. My mistake. Sorry about that. I have the right yoke since that is a stock drive shaft out of a 77 rc. I will dig around some more and make a pile of what i have and next time your around you can have your choice. I will look again today

SixGun

No problem. I can't believe I didn't notice the snap rings.  Next time I'm checking with a tape measure.  Looked right at a glance but it no bueno.  :violent1:

SixGun

Mat, here's some instructions from Ratech.  Kinda vague.

http://www.ratechmfg.com/chryslerspbs.htm

SixGun

This new winch bumper is gonna look bad ass.  Just need to fan up some supports under the top plate using Ryan's old bumper brackets.

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

When your ready to sell that bumper give me a call  ;D