News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1976 Big Block RC build

Started by SixGun, July 27, 2012, 10:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Ron and I are meeting up this Friday. I'm bringing some parts for his new jeep acquisition and he's gonna finish up the welding and its done for now. Will need sanding and paint. Just need to figure up a recovery point.  Not definate what I want.  I like the receiver under the winch plate idea on Ryan's but really want to hang either that super sized hook Ryan gave me or a medium sized one that Dave gave me. Hmmmm....decisions decisions. Old school is cool.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 08, 2014, 04:04:50 PM
Ron and I are meeting up this Friday. I'm bringing some parts for his new jeep acquisition and he's gonna finish up the welding and its done for now. Will need sanding and paint. Just need to figure up a recovery point.  Not definate what I want.  I like the receiver under the winch plate idea on Ryan's but really want to hang either that super sized hook Ryan gave me or a medium sized one that Dave gave me. Hmmmm....decisions decisions. Old school is cool.

Are you going to College Station? Or Bryan?

SixGun

Right down the road from you in Schulenburg.  Are you gonna be around or are you out playing with the fish?

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 09, 2014, 11:42:51 AM
Right down the road from you in Schulenburg.  Are you gonna be around or are you out playing with the fish?

I'm Out Playing With the Fishes,

I was going to to see if you could get with Ron about picking up that 77 Grill From Ernest if yall were going to meet up.

SixGun

Quote from: ProjectM880 on October 09, 2014, 04:45:05 PM
I was going to to see if you could get with Ron about picking up that 77 Grill From Ernest if yall were going to meet up.

What's that? BBQ grill.. No problem.   :laughing7:

Arrangements have been made and if all goes according to plan, it will be coming home with me.  I'll be sure to paint it pink like you requested.

:lol_hitting:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 09, 2014, 11:21:08 PM
What's that? BBQ grill.. No problem.   :laughing7:

Arrangements have been made and if all goes according to plan, it will be coming home with me.  I'll be sure to paint it pink like you requested.

:lol_hitting:

HAHA !! Thanks Richard, I appreciate it  :thumbsup:

SixGun

Ron also sent the homemade transfer skid plate with the grille.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, they are both painted pink. :laughing7:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 11, 2014, 09:52:09 PM
Ron also sent the homemade transfer skid plate with the grille.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, they are both painted pink. :laughing7:

:lol_hitting: Yalls Shenanigans are getting as bad as Noahs !!!!

Thank you sir!  :thumbsup:

I will be sure to purchase some paint stripper  ;D

SixGun

Yesterday, when i met up with Ron, he set up a mobile fabrication shop at a roadside picnic area. I had him weld some 1" square tubing under the top plate on the bumper to support it as a step.

Well today it rained all morning but I did get a chance to clean up the welds and put a layer of rusty metal primer on it  in the afternoon. My air hose sprung a leak where it flexes so I took a little trip to Harbor freight to get a repair kit.  I also found a swivel kit which might prevent future stress cracks.  Then on the other end, I put some wire loom and wrapped it with electrical tape like a splint to keep it from bending. I picked up a kit for my angle die grinder with sanding discs. I found some rubber no slip tread to add on that bumper top plate.

While I was repairing the air hose a sheriff deputy pulled up and we had a conversation about his good ole days driving an 80's era Ramcharger while he worked for Fish and Game.  Not a bad way to end the day.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 11, 2014, 11:23:32 PM
Yesterday, when i met up with Ron, he set up a mobile fabrication shop at a roadside picnic area. I had him weld some 1" square tubing under the top plate on the bumper to support it as a step.

Well today it rained all morning but I did get a chance to clean up the welds and put a layer of rusty metal primer on it  in the afternoon. My air hose sprung a leak where it flexes so I took a little trip to Harbor freight to get a repair kit.  I also found a swivel kit which might prevent future stress cracks.  Then on the other end, I put some wire loom and wrapped it with electrical tape like a splint to keep it from bending. I picked up a kit for my angle die grinder with sanding discs. I found some rubber no slip tread to add on that bumper top plate.

While I was repairing the air hose a sheriff deputy pulled up and we had a conversation about his good ole days driving an 80's era Ramcharger while he worked for Fish and Game.  Not a bad way to end the day.

Only you and Ron would set up a fab shop on the side of the road !  :headbang:

SixGun

I seem to remember a certain someone bringing a workshop along the side of the road to try and re-engineer a fuel system. Let's see...it was somewhere near Waelder, TX.    :hello:

BTW I passed by that infamous spot and cringed.   Eeeeewwww  :disgust:

workgoats

I'm glad the pic shows some of decent welds.  The little wire welder had a hard time out in the open with a 30 mile wind.

SixGun

Not to mention that you kept looking over your shoulder for John Law.   :laughing7:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 12, 2014, 09:29:40 AM
I seem to remember a certain someone bringing a workshop along the side of the road to try and re-engineer a fuel system. Let's see...it was somewhere near Waelder, TX.    :hello:

BTW I passed by that infamous spot and cringed.   Eeeeewwww  :disgust:

Maybe we need to re-think where you like building your Vehicle Richard  :017:

Quote from: SixGun on October 12, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
Not to mention that you kept looking over your shoulder for John Law.   :laughing7:

I'm Sure they would have been more Confused then Upset about Yalls mobile fab shop  :laughing4:

SixGun

Little cold outside so decided to work on the heater box.  I have been toying with the idea of a double heater setup. Basically 2 heater cores run in tandem.

Ok why is the first question.  Trail rig and poptop don't need ac but on the occasion that it is cold/icy or humid there would be a need for heat or defroster. Even thought about closing off the vent door to the cowl permanently to keep debris and animals out. No future need for cleanout. Any thoughts or concerns?