News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Well now...

Started by Billy Ram, October 22, 2013, 04:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy Ram

So, this is where all the cool kids hang out now!!
1999 Dakota Sport 4X4. 3.9 Magnum, auto, 3:92 gears.

The War Wagon

Quote from: Billy Ram on October 22, 2013, 04:15:36 AM
So, this is where all the cool kids hang out now!!

Yes.  Yes it is.  :great:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

80W150

War Wagon! Wondered where you've been hiding. :wave: How ya been?
Chuck

The War Wagon

Quote from: 80W150 on October 23, 2013, 07:11:54 AM
War Wagon! Wondered where you've been hiding. :wave: How ya been?

Hiding in plain sight!  :tongue3:

STILL working on the Ramcharger.  It's only been sitting at the shop since early May now!  :confused2:

fal308

Only May?! Mine's been riding my trailer so long I think they're permanently attched :cwm21:

The War Wagon

Quote from: fal308 on October 24, 2013, 01:12:11 AM
Only May?! Mine's been riding my trailer so long I think they're permanently attched :cwm21:

It's like the neighborhood dogs - just spray some hose water on 'em!  :tongue3:

80W150

Quote from: The War Wagon on October 24, 2013, 06:43:47 AM
It's like the neighborhood dogs - just spray some hose water on 'em!  :tongue3:

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
Chuck

fal308

Don't think that would help. I bought it in 07 and it's been on the trailer most of the time since then due to various reasons. right now I'm slowly exchanging out for a 4bbl setup. With the colder temps moving in, I may be done for the winter. i no longer find it as much fun working on vehicles outside in the cold weather as I did 25/30 years ago (becoming older, fat and lazy doesn't help :dance:)

The War Wagon

Quote from: fal308 on November 01, 2013, 05:00:46 PM
Don't think that would help. I bought it in 07 and it's been on the trailer most of the time since then due to various reasons. right now I'm slowly exchanging out for a 4bbl setup. With the colder temps moving in, I may be done for the winter. i no longer find it as much fun working on vehicles outside in the cold weather as I did 25/30 years ago (becoming older, fat and lazy doesn't help :dance:)

I'm feelin' ya'!

My RC sat for 6 years before we got it up & running again.  I'm at a point in life, where I can pay someone ELSE to do most of the heavy lifting.  I don't have the time I did when I was a teenaged gearhead, and even the early computers are hassle enough to leave it to the pros.  I just want it to do what I want it to DO, off-road, AND... make it home safe AGAIN with kids, old dad, and cargo intact!

80W150

Feel the same way. I'll do most of the work but like right now, the 79 went to a friend for exhaust, rotors turned/new pads, check/grease front bearings and new axle shaft u-joints. I figure he has the tools to tear apart the full time axle and a shop I'll let him do that kind of work. (and it's easier on my back not sitting in a creeper chair bent over or getting up and down on a creeper constantly.)
Chuck

fal308

I hear you on the back. A couple of years ago I had back surgery and now I don't move with the aclarity I used to. I bought a tire step (truck service step http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200332573_200332573 ) That's about the only way I can climb into the engine bay anymore. Also sitting up on the trailer  doesn't help when trying to get under the hood. does make it nice for crawling underneath though.

Billy Ram

I hear you guys about the back. 2 Rods and 18 pins in my back make laying down on a creeper tough!
1999 Dakota Sport 4X4. 3.9 Magnum, auto, 3:92 gears.

80W150

I've evaded surgery thus far so I'm lucky there. Two bulged/torn discs is enough for me. It's always a balancing act of carefully getting things done or now just hiring the work out. One wrong move and that's it, down for a week. Made doing sit ups a real bear.(Hence the reason the army medically retired me. I got this way from wearing 80 lbs of armor and stuff and bouncing around in a 6x6 guntruck. I'd do it again though. I don't regret it.)
Chuck

The War Wagon

I feel blessed to still be able to sit up... UNDER my RC.  I did the dual stabilizer install myself!  :13:

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket