News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Been gone for a long time.

Started by joemouton, December 14, 2013, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemouton

Hey everyone I am finally back in the States and have been for a about two weeks now. I have been settling in and I have missed this forum. I finally was able to make it to Reno and pay for my Ramcharger and arrange shipping. I also found out that some of what I was told was a lie. I am going to have to do a TON of body work, replace the exhaust, and fix a horn. I only hope that I have to do one of those before I can get her inspected for a Texas tag. I am so aggravated right now about the whole situation, but I am still happy to have, mechanically she seems to be in good running order. I may also in the next month or so be asking a lot of stupid and technical question so please bear with me.  :cwm21:
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

The War Wagon

Quote from: joemouton on December 14, 2013, 10:27:55 PMI may also in the next month or so be asking a lot of stupid and technical question so please bear with me.  :cwm21:

Glad you're back - sorry to hear your RC isn't all it was hyped to be.  And if it wasn't for dumb questions, I wouldn't have any to ask at all!  :dontknow:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

80W150

Welcome back Joe!

So what did you get? (I apologize if you told us. I forget things.) I think everyone of us can feel your pain on a rig that's not as advertised. I bought a 87 RC once. Drove clear over to northside of Chicago to get it. (winter time, trailer, 2wd ram 1500.... it got interesting but that's a whole 'nother story) Ad said "tranny slips, needs muffler", uh, yeah, not so much. Electrical was hacked like a rat got loose in the truck and just had it's way with it, exhaust? What exhaust? Needed a whole dang system, not just a muffler. Long and short, I decided it wasn't worth messing with. Bought another 87, took what I wanted/needed for junk 87, took said junk 87 to scraper and at least got most of my money back.

As for your questions being stupid, nah. Most times vehicle questions aren't stupid. But, whoever said "there's no such thing as a stupid question" as a general statement, well, let's just say that person was wrong. lol.

Bob, I have a hard time believing you would have a dumb question. Smartass reply yes, question, no.  ;)
Chuck

SixGun

Yikes, Reno Nevada?  there's a ton of nice RC's and trucks right here in Texas.  Must be extra special.  Looking forward to a build thread.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

Toyradio

There is a ton of information here for anyone. Just ask your question. There are tons of Mopar people in the State of Texas. :hello:

80W150

Quote from: SixGun on December 15, 2013, 10:14:55 AM
there's a ton of nice RC's and trucks right here in Texas. 

Don't I know? That's where my 79 came from. Seven Points to be exact.  :13:

Quote from: Toyradio on December 15, 2013, 11:46:20 AM
There are tons of Mopar people in the State of Texas.

Maybe I need to move there. Besides mopar people seems my line of thinking and other interests would fall in line down there as well. I just might be able to blend in and get along just fine. (for a yankee  ;))
Chuck

SixGun

Shhhhh.... Texas is a well kept secret.   :laughing7:

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on December 15, 2013, 06:45:30 PM

NOT when it come to RC owners.  You're slightly less well known about, than Area 51.  :tongue3:

SixGun

I don't know about area 51 thingy you are referring to.  Could it be like that well known place called the Marfa lights.  Double :tongue3: :tongue3:

joemouton

80W150 Hope that you are okay with me using this I don't know your real name yet.  :). I bought a 1984 AW 150 RC. Now when I bought it I was told that it was in great condition. Which for the most part it is. I saw no problem with the mechanics. The only thing that did worry me was the oil pressure was high but as the truck started to warm up it came down to normal limits. The thing that does make me upset is that the lower quarter panel from the drivers door back to the rear wheel well is rust. The WHOLE THING. Also, on the driverside from the rear wheel well to the bumper is suspect too. I looked underneath the vehicle from what I saw it looks pretty good and the passenger side looks fine. The rust is so bad that you could touch it and pieces will fall off. I don't understand how he couldn't mention it. The pictures must have been touched up because they do not show this at all. Then there is the seats. The three told tears. Yeah but what about the thirty other that have been sewn together with fishing line. No that is not a typo. Fishing line. So, I have a new project. Instead of keeping it original I have a plan. It will me my Mad Max RC. Flat back truck and rims. Oh and NEW TIRES have about 3/32s before they are to low to pass the inspection. The exhaust is also just barely holding on. The u-bolt holding the driver side exhaust is half way through the pipe, all of that and just before he steps out of the truck he tells me that the horn stopped working a week before I flew up there. Like he didn't have time to get it fixed. Everyone knows your horn has to work to pass inspection.

Six Gun: By the pictures it was suppose to me be mint except a rear main seal leak, and three total tears in the interior. Trust me man I completely regret all the money I have spent to buy that thing and get it to Houston which the carrier I already paid to get it here sent me an "adjusted date of delivery" which is now the 23rd of December.

I am still happy with it though and I will make the best of this situation. If anything is just give me an excuse to learn more about mechanics, electrical, and body work. See lemonade out of lemons. Huge gigantic lemons. 
84 RC AW100 360/727 4wd

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on December 15, 2013, 08:08:16 PM
I don't know about area 51 thingy you are referring to.  Could it be like that well known place called the Marfa lights.  Double :tongue3: :tongue3:

No - that would be Area 51-A...  :tongue3:

80W150

Quote from: SixGun on December 15, 2013, 06:45:30 PM

No place is secret to me that 1.Has more trucks than cars. 2. Hot chicks. 3. Guns and the belief it is everybody's right to own one. 4. Beer. Did I miss anything? :laughing7:

Joe, I'm Chuck. I'm a aries. My turn ons are..... Oh, wait, wrong opening. Joe, I'm Chuck. I like dodges, beer, chicks, guns, Harleys and large dogs. Hate snow and cold temps. (wth do I live in Michigan?) ;D

That's the only problem with buying over the interweb especially if it's not within driving distance. Trusting people can be difficult after a experience like that. Sounds like you have a workable truck just going to take a minute to get it where you want it.
Chuck