News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Hubs, Bearings, Brakes and Rear disc brake convertion. Plus I conned lance into removing all the crappy 80's tint off the windows   

The rims will be CARC tan. But for now they will just be rattle can black until I take them apart and cut down the run flats

SixGun

:laughing4:   I've never seen tint removed with vise grips before.

Way to go Keith Stone!
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 28, 2014, 08:37:01 PM
:laughing4:   I've never seen tint removed with vise grips before.

Way to go Keith Stone!

Yeah Ole Key-Stone can get creative!

SixGun

They say there's a thousand and one uses for vise grips  I think he just found the thousand and two.  :icon_salut:

Man I was all happy that I finished one knuckle today after work. R & R ball joints and wire wheeled it. Then I see all your progress.  :icon_scratch:

So where did you get brake lines.  I'm having 2nd thoughts about using my originals.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 28, 2014, 09:18:50 PM
They say there's a thousand and one uses for vise grips  I think he just found the thousand and two.  :icon_salut:

Man I was all happy that I finished one knuckle today after work. R & R ball joints and wire wheeled it. Then I see all your progress.  :icon_scratch:

So where did you get brake lines.  I'm having 2nd thoughts about using my originals.

Well realise Richard when you see "my Progess" Its really Noah and Lance's Progress. Im off shore right now. Noah just sends me picture updates when im out here. Plus know has a kickass shop with plenty of the right tools to do the job, so that helps progress alot.

On the hard brake lines on the front, I actually bought a bender and and lines from Oriellys and bent them my self. Not too hard. I would reccomend doing them if yours are crappy. Just takes some patience.  But if yours are still good then reuse them.

SixGun

I broke real easy and starting thinking about what would happen with a lucky hit.

ProjectM880

More Rear Brake Progress

ProjectM880

Going to try and run spacers and 12 bolt hummer rims. Should be interesting  :icon_scratch:

ProjectM880

Brake lines!

ProjectM880

Hummer Beadlocks are on!

The War Wagon

You can buy braided brake cable at most any auto parts place.  Buy your length and your fittings, and you're off to the races!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

ProjectM880

Quote from: The War Wagon on March 31, 2014, 04:48:34 PM
You can buy braided brake cable at most any auto parts place.  Buy your length and your fittings, and you're off to the races!

Yup as far as the axles go alll i need is a parking brake cable. I already have the extended lines to the axle from the frame.

ProjectM880

Gas tank is in. Will be working on a skid plate for this next week.

ProjectM880

Its moving under its own power!!!!!!!!  :dance:

SixGun