News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 31, 2014, 08:39:39 PM
Do you have glass for the back?

I do but I don;t if that makes since.  I gave them to Noah for his 79 RC plans to restore. I plan to just run plexiglass . the top is really really really rusted up. Big holes in it. So It wil just be a offroad top until I find a better one or a soft top.

ProjectM880

ProjectM880

The interior came in. So the plan is to get that installed next week.

Lots of things to do to get it going.

Should be interesting to see if it holds together on the trail at Hidden Falls!!!

The War Wagon

Quote from: ProjectM880 on April 06, 2014, 12:50:39 PM
The interior came in. So the plan is to get that installed next week.

You redoin' the carpet?  If you are, post pictures - I wanna see a bare floorboard with no seats and carpet - get an idea of WHAT'S under there!
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Quote from: The War Wagon on April 06, 2014, 05:50:37 PM
You redoin' the carpet?  If you are, post pictures - I wanna see a bare floorboard with no seats and carpet - get an idea of WHAT'S under there!

Usually just metal and rust.   :evil6:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on April 06, 2014, 05:53:48 PM
Usually just metal and rust.   :evil6:

Yup we fixed some of  it  :laughing4:

Quote from: The War Wagon on April 06, 2014, 05:50:37 PM
Im actaully doing black Vinyl interior

ProjectM880

Well its running and stopping now. Still have a bunch to do but it no longer requires a tractor to move around. the brakes work great and for a 318 this thing has a little pep to its step.  {cool}

Got to get this  thing done because next weekend we are heading to Hidden Falls ORV Park!

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

ProjectM880

If you havn;t seen yet, Noah and I Installed Jungle's 52" Chevy spring hangers in the front
http://ramchargercentral.com/jungleshddodgecomponents/jungle%27s-hd-52%27-adjustable-front-hanger-install-review/

In two weeks we will tackle the 63" Chevy Rear springs  :thumbsup:

The War Wagon

Quote from: ProjectM880 on April 06, 2014, 06:25:05 PM
Im actaully doing black Vinyl interior
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...  NOT unless you're an S&M freak, who's into 2nd degree burns on the back of their thighs!

I'm looking at that faux leather/neoprene/this sorta stuff.  http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/75A4353A0A0.aspx  I want something that breathes, and cleans up easier than the factory cloth in my RC, but VINYL?!?!  No thanks - I owned a '68 Mercury with dark blue Vinyl seats when I was a teenager... I LEARNED my lesson...

Quote from: ProjectM880 on June 22, 2014, 08:20:03 AM

SPEAKING of cool, I love that tan color -I'll bet it stays pretty cool for down south! :thumbsup:

ProjectM880

Quote from: The War Wagon on June 22, 2014, 11:47:17 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...  NOT unless you're an S&M freak, who's into 2nd degree burns on the back of their thighs!

I'm looking at that faux leather/neoprene/this sorta stuff.  http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/75A4353A0A0.aspx  I want something that breathes, and cleans up easier than the factory cloth in my RC, but VINYL?!?!  No thanks - I owned a '68 Mercury with dark blue Vinyl seats when I was a teenager... I LEARNED my lesson...

SPEAKING of cool, I love that tan color -I'll bet it stays pretty cool for down south! :thumbsup:

In Texas everything is hot all the time. The black Vinyl was for the floor. The seats are nasty old cloth. I need some 80's RC seats with the bigger backs for this thing.

The paint is Military CARC Tan. Its bad-ass paint that requires HAZMAT shipping haha

The War Wagon

Quote from: ProjectM880 on June 26, 2014, 03:59:17 PM

In Texas everything is hot all the time. The black Vinyl was for the floor. The seats are nasty old cloth. I need some 80's RC seats with the bigger backs for this thing.

The paint is Military CARC Tan. Its bad-ass paint that requires HAZMAT shipping haha

I've looked at that full-floor vinyl matting; maybe it's because the top half of my truck is grey, but if I was going that route (and I would like to!), I would GO with the grey for that very reason.  Shows less dirt, and should be cooler!

Don't know how prevalent RC seats are down there, but I seem to see a LOT of that era seats on Craigslist & fleabay (the only part of the truck that didn't rust up here!  :laughing7: ).  THAT said, I'd LOVE to pull some late model leather seats out of a Dodge truck and put those in MY truck!  :dance:

Haz-Mat paint?!?!  :confused2:

ProjectM880

Well Since we are deciding on a date for a fall meet, that means I need to get my butt in gear on the RC.

Noah and I have plans to tackle the rear suspension when I get back in from work. One thing we know for sure is this thing will need shocks and limiting straps. I'm hoping to get away with the drive shafts I have now, So I can wait to do those when I do the Doubler. Since Mean Green Has the perfect NP435 NP203 combo Its perfect setup to mount a doubler ! All in do time. First time to get ready for RAMCHARGER.NET Fall Meet!

Come to think of it, I need to do Windows also!......... and maybe brake lights......... Noah!! Noah!!! We Need Brake Lights!! And be sure to stock up on the Good Synthetic Blinker Fluid! Only the best for this RC  :thumbsup:

SixGun

I think I still have some bumper lube leftover if you want to use some.  :laughing7: