News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 16, 2014, 08:17:21 AM
got your RC running better....found a huge vacuum leak at the brake booster (rotten vacuum caps).....got that fixed....set ignition timing.....but now i is out of gas .... What should I do :017:

Awesome , i figure something was up since it ran so good a while back then it started running crappy.

Gas? Wait you assured me that it would run off hope's and Dreams, And as back up for more horse power run it off Orphan Tears and Unicorn Farts!

rjtx667

if thats the case... you don't get to lead anymore... I am not taking any part of smelling that exhaust  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Did you need the transfer skid plate or grille before the Oct outing?  If so, I can run them out to Noah's place. Figure you might need some time to remove the pink if you do.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 17, 2014, 03:38:33 PM
Did you need the transfer skid plate or grille before the Oct outing?  If so, I can run them out to Noah's place. Figure you might need some time to remove the pink if you do.

Nope we can meet up when ever. Unless your looking for another excuse to go up to Noah's Shop  :steeringwheel:

SixGun

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 17, 2014, 03:54:21 PM
Was it that obvious?   :laughing7:

I won;t be back there till next week, But I'm sure Noah wont mind if you swing by  :great:

workgoats

By the way, the skid plate should bolt into existing holes in the frame and cross member if they are not modified.  Frame it was built on was an 82.

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on October 17, 2014, 04:09:28 PM
By the way, the skid plate should bolt into existing holes in the frame and cross member if they are not modified.  Frame it was built on was an 82.

Good Deal Ron  :thumbsup: I know we will put it to good use!

workgoats

It will need a handful of 7/16 bolts and nuts.

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on October 17, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

Not a problem, I'm sure we can wrangle up some  :thumbsup:

taz_man440

Quote from: workgoats on October 17, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

or a handfull of zip ties..:D
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

ProjectPW

Finally got the carburetor sorted out today. I had to do a minor overhaul on it to get the passages clear of the ethanol/water sludge. Also got the thermostat housing squared away and timing set..... about out of gas again  :035:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Brrrrtt....oops par-done did someone ask for gas? :drunken_smilie:    :sign0137:

ProjectM880

Quote from: ProjectPW on October 20, 2014, 03:38:00 PM
Finally got the carburetor sorted out today. I had to do a minor overhaul on it to get the passages clear of the ethanol/water sludge. Also got the thermostat housing squared away and timing set..... about out of gas again  :035:

Good deal, Wait did you order a thermostat housing or did the one I order come in?

We may have a extra thermostat housing if that's the case........

I will bring gas cans on Wednesday...... and My trailer that I should of brought you two weeks ago.