News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Global warming my @$$!!!

Started by The War Wagon, January 07, 2014, 06:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The War Wagon

Anybody seen this LOSER?!?!  >:(

I've got -8 (UP from -9 earlier) temperatures, with -30 windchill. What have y'all got?

Glo-BULL warming... & NOW you KNOW... the REST, of the story...  >:(

Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

SixGun

Looking at some of the temps up north like -40* and such, it looks like we are heading into the next ice age.    ???
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

We're the same over here Bob. -10 ambient. No idea on windchill other than f'ing cold. I'm going out long enough to get to my truck, then into gym, then back in truck. Done. Good thing I put a new batt in that a few weeks ago.
Chuck

crazzywolfie

same temps here. freezing cold. my ramcharger was slow turning over but fired up almost instantly. i got to go out later so i plugged the block heater in before i shut it off.

80W150

Uh yeah, block heater. Need one. The ram didn't want to start today. Now sure, you shouldn't park vehicles nose to the wind in these kind of temps, I get it. Especially diesels. Well, I guess mine was to the wind enough it just made the truck too cold. I always back up to the garage. (force of habit from military and riding motorcycle) It would crank fine but wouldn't start. Acted like it wanted to fire but nothing. Went to pop the hood, nope. It would release but the latch was froze too. Crap.

I finally got the latch to give up and opened the hood. Went it garage and got the jumper pack and hooked that up. (I had already cranked numerous times so figured the extra juice would be good) Finally held the throttle to the floor. Let it crank until it acted like it wasn't trying to fire, let it set a minute. Hit the key again and she fired up. It didn't sound happy at first but smoothed out quick enough.

It's nosed close to the garage now, like almost touching the door. If it's pulling the same stunt tomorrow I'll fire up the garage furnace and pull the dryer duct out and stuff it up under the truck. Kinda warm things up a bit. (sounds good in theory) And yes. I have a reducer on the plenum of the garage furnace so I can take said dryer ductwork and put it under a vehicle if I'm working on it. Chase away the cold from the floor some. 24' of it.

Next summer the ram is getting a dang heater put it. Might even go the kind that plumbs into the heater hose.....
Chuck

crazzywolfie

have you checked under the hood and verified that you have no block heater?

i always back my one vehicle into the driveway so the if i need a boost i can get it. if i have both my rigs i park nose to nose. also before you try starting your truck on a cold day you should cycle the key a few times to prime the fuel system. did that this morning and my ramcharger fired up almost instantly even tho it was slow turning over.

80W150

Yeah, I've looked before for kicks and grins, nope, no heater.  Good advice on the turning key a few times. Will do that today. It's still around zero. No idea what wind chill is... (but it's nosed to garage and if I have a issue as far as needing a jump, I have a jumper pack. Not worried.)
Chuck

The War Wagon

My RC is safe & warm - inside Gibbs shop still!  :tongue3:

The Jeep was another story though.  This was at 11am yesterday, when I had to take it out.  :o

Steering fluid was gelatinous - it was like driving with manual steering!  :confused2:

crazzywolfie

my overhead console said -21*C(-5.8*F) yesterday when i went to start my RC.

The War Wagon

80W150

Chuck