News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

what's up fellas, don't ask me what took me so long

Started by blueduster, January 08, 2014, 07:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueduster

:hello:     Howdy guys. Didn't know this place was here until someone mentioned it on fb. How's it compare to RCC?
Mopars and my family are all I care about.

SixGun

:035:  How's it going up there in the winter wonderland?   Surprisingly quiet here for a couple of weeks now.  Maybe everyone is hibernating.   :dontknow:

In any event, a big how do to you.   :hello:

You've got a lot of reading to catch up on.  Random videos thread is always a hoot.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

The War Wagon

Quote from: blueduster on January 08, 2014, 07:22:35 PM
  :hello:     Howdy guys. Didn't know this place was here until someone mentioned it on fb. How's it compare to RCC?

MUCH better!  8)  Welcome aboard!  :thumbsup:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

crazzywolfie

howdy ho neighborino. it is a bit slower around here than RCC but it can be nice.

80W150

About time you showed up. Been waiting for EVER!  ;)

It's quiet. As in no bickering between a couple of people. (which, while it can be fun to watch, like a tennis match played with a live grenade, it can get old.) We just shoot the breeze over here and it's always interesting to see what war wagon or wolfie is going to post either in the vids or pics sections.

Anywho, welcome! :tongue3:
Chuck

blueduster

Thanks guys. I'll be checking in at least once a day.

The War Wagon

Quote from: blueduster on January 09, 2014, 01:32:41 PM
Thanks guys. I'll be checking in at least once a day.

In spite of 80W150's ringing endorsement, come back anyways:tongue3:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

80W150

What? Am I too honest? (never was good at selling stuff  ;) )
Chuck

SixGun

Most people want the truth, they just can't handle the truth.  :crybaby2:

That's got me in trouble more than once at work.  I stepped down over it and enjoy my free time now while the current leadership struggles with reality.  Hah.... :argue:

blueduster

You guys know what I'm like. I'm a nice guy but hate bullies.  There are a couple old timers over there who happen to be moderators that I have a knack for pissing off when they start their crap. They haven't ever banned me because they know it wouldn't fly with everyone else. 99.9% of the time I'm a Teddy Bear.  ;D

80W150

Quote from: blueduster on January 10, 2014, 10:06:40 AM
99.9% of the time I'm a Teddy Bear.  ;D

Same here. A 6' 214 lbs teddy bear. ;)

Yeah Richard, my mouth got me in trouble numerous times in my two careers. (for being honest) Oh well. They never had to guess what I was thinking. I eventually learned this thing called "tact". It helped some....
Chuck

SixGun

When I was younger, the gung ho take no prisoners attitude got me promoted quickly. Hey it's only business - it's not personal.  As I got older, tact in certain situations developed.  However, wrong is wrong and silent acknowledgement is not my thing.  My boss has some serious confrontational avoidance issues.  I think he wants to coast to retirement in the path of least resistance.  He has become a company Yes-Man and refuses to go to bat for his people and they are leaving in droves.  I don't hate the guy, but he has lost my respect for his ability to lead.

80W150

Yes-men/lapdogs never work well for me. That's where I get in the most trouble because I have zero issues calling them out,,,,, in front of a crowd. Hey, everybody knows but I'm dumb enough to say it. Oh well. I never lost sleep over it. ;D

What got interesting was when somehow, somebody thought it was a good idea to make me a union steward. Yeeeaaaahhh, that didn't work out like people thought it was going to. Sure, I had no problems standing up to management (especially the automotive supervisor (my boss). Man was it fun to get him fired up,,, which didn't take much) Where it backfired was when one of the guys in the paint shop was told to do something, he didn't want to, comes to me and starts whining about it. (he is a serial whiner) I told him "you're wrong as it gets. Do as your told and shut your f'ing face. Quit being a dbag and putting yourself in these positions". Needless to say I got a call from the state steward over that one. :laughing7: Again, didn't lose sleep over it. Calling it like I saw it.
Chuck

SixGun

Yep, honesty is best but some people get nuts in twist over it. 

blueduster

I sleep better than most for those reasons. LOL.