News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome back Carter

Started by SixGun, June 06, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

That's pretty much the same as the MegaSquirt computer on the yellow truck.  If it doesn't see the signal from the crank or cam sensor it shuts the fuel pump and the ignition down.

Of course, that doesn't cover the hole in the pan...

SixGun

So I guess I'll be the one poster for the week. :017:

I used a scrap condesation tray from an old ac box. It was originally going to be the fuel pump cover but things changed. After reading the directions, I discovered that the desired mounting is at a 45* angle with inlet lower than the outlet. This should prevent vapor lock. It also should have a prefilter and I ordered one. I cut the cover and bent an angle. The outlet is protected now and the inlet with prefilter was too close to the frame. I engineered an extension to the fuel line and looped it so it would not kink the fuel line. Zip tied it to the cover to keep it from rubbing and swinging around.

I was going to blow out the fuel line from the fuel pump to the rear but when I loosened the clamp at the mechanical pump fuel came out so that line is clear.  Hmm...

I still need to wire it up to the new oil pump shut off sensor I bought. I had an old tee fitting that fits the manifold and oil pressure sensor but not the new sensor. So I still need to get an adapter to fit and some long wire. Need to pick up some connectors also. I do have a spare relay already.

Lil closer. Been working a lot of hours with Christmas season here.  I get up at a quarter to 3am to get ready for work. When I get off, I conk out and seems like lately, its dark already when I wake up. Lol
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Looks like you are making good progress  :thumbsup:

Now whats the status on the Pop Top RC  :dance:

SixGun

Its been on standby.  :sleepy:

I did pick up some more black spoke rims on sale at summit.

ProjectM880

Any progress on ole Carter?

SixGun

Seems like every day off is ugly outside.  :017:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 09, 2015, 07:04:24 PM
Seems like every day off is ugly outside.  :017:

Damn the luck. I'm hoping for some nice weather when I return in hopes of working on a project. Need to do some stuff on the Beast and Green machine.

Maybe I missed it, But have you driven it much?

SixGun

Ive been having a no fire issue. No fuel in the line. Rechecked everything and installed electric pump. Just need to wire it up and hopefully that's it.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 09, 2015, 07:14:38 PM
Ive been having a no fire issue. No fuel in the line. Rechecked everything and installed electric pump. Just need to wire it up and hopefully that's it.

Hopefully Youll get it straightened out because it looks like a good truck. Would make a great daily Driver!

I've wanted to build a 2wd RC for awhile and even found a 77 on Craigslist. But I have to many irons in the fire right now.

SixGun

Started with the 10 ga main wire to the electric fuel pump this afternoon. Nice outside for once.  For something so simple, putting the loom on 10 ft of wire was a PITA.  Then trying to feed it into the frame rail and through it with the tank in place. Hopefully, the worst is behind me and the weather is clear tomorrow.

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on January 16, 2015, 06:50:02 PM
Started with the 10 ga main wire to the electric fuel pump this afternoon. Nice outside for once.  For something so simple, putting the loom on 10 ft of wire was a PITA.  Then trying to feed it into the frame rail and through it with the tank in place. Hopefully, the worst is behind me and the weather is clear tomorrow.

Can't wait to see that thing up and running!

SixGun

You and me both.  Ernest keeps hounding me about it also. He wants to see how his motor runs that he built.

rjtx667

Its been decent this weekend, where's the update?  :laughing7:

I can't say much I had to run down to Beaumont for some side work... hope to be back later today with enough time to work on a few things before the sun goes down.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Had a busy weekend with my folks in town because my nephew just flew in from Europe. He is actually going to stay with us until he's situated. But I did get a little time yesterday even with the grandson with us. He took a nap and got my chance.  Tie strapped and loomed the wiring.  Only stopped to make sure I wired to the correct side of the ballast resistor.  Next thing you know, my grandson is up and then my daughter shows up. Dinner was ready and that put an end to work. Lol

I should wrap it up today unless.... :dontknow: