News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome back Carter

Started by SixGun, June 06, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Sweet, just picked up an 85 FSM from eBay for $18.   :read2:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Finished putting in the new ignition parts today.  Was getting a little frustrated with a no start at first.  After a lot of back trackin, I got out the new FSM and laid it next to the instructions for the new ecu harness.  Turns out I spliced in a green unused wire instead of the needed blue wire.   :violent1:

I also spent some bonding time with my new for Christmas Dremel tool.  Made short work cutting out the shallow cup holders on the console. Then I installed the deep cups I found at the JY.  Also attached the aftermarket cup holder to the back of the console for any back seat passengers.

ProjectPW

Quote from: SixGun on March 24, 2015, 06:32:24 PM
Finished putting in the new ignition parts today.  Was getting a little frustrated with a no start at first.  After a lot of back trackin, I got out the new FSM and laid it next to the instructions for the new ecu harness.  Turns out I spliced in a green unused wire instead of the needed blue wire.   :violent1:

You NEED to know how that wiring works... that is the number one reason I recommended the new harness... in a pinch It is very easy to test a properly wired Chrysler ignition system  :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you got it sorted out... I know how frustrating no starts can be  :violent1:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Fortunately, I left all the old pieces in place and one by one found out which wire was not allowing it to start.  I really thought it was the plug with said wire until it dawned on me about the green/blue switcharoo.   :icon_scratch:

SixGun

So I tried to fit the roll bar through the back hatch but it was too wide by inches. So I cut the side box brackets off and ground them down. The bar is a 3 pc from a 70's RC. I had a revelation with the lower floor behind the front seats. After measuring, realized it should through the passenger door. With little effort, it was a tight squeeze between the body panels.  The carpet has perforated circular cutouts that doesn't fit over the square mounting brackets. So does anyone have a pic how it looks in an 80's RC.  Above the carpet or underneath?  :icon_scratch:

taz_man440

Carpet?? What's that?  Lol.  That's the first thing I rip out... Can't hose it out with carpet in it...
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

SixGun

:laughing4:

I never rip out clean carpet if I don't have to.

crazzywolfie

i would guess if there is a circular cutout in the carpet you are suppose to bolt the cage to the floor and put the carpet back on top of the mounting plate.

SixGun

I'm just gonna c clamp it.  :violent1:

rjtx667

what's the word here? you driving carter yet or is his new perminant parking spot just been relocated from the previous owner to you?  :laughing7:  :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Transmission is no bueno.   :(

rjtx667

well dang it!!!

that means we need to trailer it Ernest so he can rebuild it huh?
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Shit no, i want it driveable some time this year.  :laughing7:

I have a guy local. Trying to finish up this deck by the 18th for our anniversary.

rjtx667

I got my engine and transmission done in record time... I don't know what your issue is  :dontknow:  :icon_scratch:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun