News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

So worked on it some. Jacked up the rear and threw it in N.... turned the wheels and did not hear any sounds?  :icon_scratch:

While it was up I threw the spacers on the back wheels. The lugnuts came in today.

The spacers are nice and I think make it look good. I could not resist myself and grabbed some paint to clean up the hubs a bit.

I Also got the ubolts in from Rough Country and have those installed. It was too late to test so that will be in the AM.

I also got my winch rope installed and manually spooled back up. I will need to "pre-tension" it as I think its called with the synthetic rope.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Those rims sure do look good  :thumbsup:

What size spacer did you end up going with?

rjtx667

2" spacers. and yeah I like how they look. hopefully all the bugs get out and it works as desired
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 18, 2014, 07:07:29 AM
2" spacers. and yeah I like how they look. hopefully all the bugs get out and it works as desired

I'm Pretty sure the majority of us will be taking it easy at first to work out any bugs on the trail, So I wouldn't worry.  :thumbsup:

rjtx667

"take it easy" what is this phrase you speak of ???? lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 18, 2014, 07:47:39 AM
"take it easy" what is this phrase you speak of ???? lol

Its a strange idea of being lite on the pedal, Slow on the trail, Cautious with your rig, and aware of the sounds its making. Its a very difficult process to use but I think we will manage.

By "We" I mean..... Me.... Because I think we've all proven that you and Noah don;t understand being lite on the pedal.  :headbang:

SixGun

Its the Danger Dave syndrome. Its catching on. 

That's how legends are born.   :headbang:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 18, 2014, 09:00:25 AM
Its the Danger Dave syndrome. Its catching on. 

That's how legends are born.   :headbang:
Reckless Ryan!!  :headbang:

rjtx667

Noah is who keeps yelling at me to use the skinny pedal  :violent1:

I have all the wheel spacers in and trimmed the front  part of the fender, I think the rear is going to have to be trimmed shortly. Testing the clearing issues now.

Also got the rear ubolts in... those shackles/ shock mounts had 1/2" holes so I had to drill them out but all good now  :13:

Also checked my ubolts again and they are good. So about to do a test drive.

My list is still way too long, but its getting shorter.

I wonder if some of the noise I was hearing was because the front axles were locked in, even though it was not in 4wd? its unlocked now so we will see.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

well at the store getting gas. definitely need more clearance for turns... need to straighten my steering wheel too

I need to check the air pressure because man it's like riding a bucking bronco lol

and definitely feel the bump steer
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 18, 2014, 10:55:34 AM
well at the store getting gas. definitely need more clearance for turns... need to straighten my steering wheel too

I need to check the air pressure because man it's like riding a bucking bronco lol

and definitely feel the bump steer

What about the Noise? Figure it out?

The locked rear end will also affect your ability to steer.

I would run your tires anywhere from 20-30 PSI, That seems to be a good non-bead lock pressure. Hell  I run that on my bead-locks because I have cut down the inserts yet!

rjtx667

I don't know what the noise was, but it's gone now and I did several things so one of them fixed it.

yeah I noticed the rear locker a lot while turning. but I heard the rubbing as well lol

that and I need to find my old steering stabilizer or buy s new one
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 18, 2014, 11:54:06 AM
I don't know what the noise was, but it's gone now and I did several things so one of them fixed it.

yeah I noticed the rear locker a lot while turning. but I heard the rubbing as well lol

that and I need to find my old steering stabilizer or buy s new one

FYI- If the steering is really bad all a steering stabilizer is, is a band aid to a larger problem. I would go through all the steering components first to make sure everything is good and tight.

rjtx667

good and tight? it's all oem 1985 parts lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 18, 2014, 12:03:24 PM
it's all oem 1985 parts lol

There is your first problem......... A stabilizer isn't going to fix that, but rather cover it up until its worse.