News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

the fact they fit the axles is a big plus lol, only down side is now I have

4x Chevy 8 lug that don't fit a d60 with mix tires
4x dodge al 5 lug with 31's
1x 16.5 from Eric
2x 16 from white 85 (1 will be a spare tire)
1x dodge 5 lug spare
4 x dodge al wheels no tires

and I have to store all these things some where... my garage is not that big!!!!! lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Just throw that 16.5 in the back of the RC and I will get it back from you at hidden falls. I'm pretty sure that tire on it was made in the late 70's early 80's  :o

The Green machine might get a few more miles out of it :lol_hitting:

SixGun

I've got a set of 31" tires with a whole Lotta tread that are dry rotted to hell that need destroying.  I might take them to HF.  Too much tread to throw away and too dry rotted to be safe on highway. They came off the 76 RC.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

Plan to put the new rubber under the truck tonight and work on the brakes to finish those up.

The drive shaft finally made it to the shop today, it should be ready tomorrow  :13:

They asked me if I wanted it balanced  :icon_scratch:  um yeah I would like to be able to use it to drive with.  :headband:

Curious to see how it does with the rear going and good tires.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on October 08, 2014, 03:33:48 PM
I've got a set of 31" tires with a whole Lotta tread that are dry rotted to hell that need destroying.  I might take them to HF.  Too much tread to throw away and too dry rotted to be safe on highway. They came off the 76 RC.

If you don't want them and just want them to be destroyed, ask lance if he wants them. Im sure he would be more then happy to burn them up and actually have 4 matching tires on his RC  :laughing4:

rjtx667

Well I went and did it now  :crybaby2:

The wheels and tires I bought were suppose to be Dodge wheels... after trying and they did not fit I looked... FORD!!!!!  :angry5:

I went back today and was trying to find something that would work.

Well I found something but can't say that they will work right now lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

so I now own a set of H2 wheels with 35" micky thompson's on them. the tires are in really good shape for the price I paid.

I figure I will have to run with the wheels I already had (started working to make them fit the rear axle) this go round. Then I will start working on clearance issues for the 35's. I don't care to hack it all up, so I might try to play/ learn more on welding and stretch the fenders  :headband:

If the pic of it rolled up next to the truck shows anything... it should look awesome!!! My friend tells me I need to paint it flat black now lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

H2 Hummer Wheels are very popular and give you the opportunity to run a 17" tires which are offering a much better selection then 16.5 and 16.

I've always like the looks of those rims and remind me of a modern version of Hurricane wheels. Plus they are much much much lighter then H1 Hummer Bead Locks. You will have good luck with those for sure.

I say run them and let the trail clearance the fenders for you, or we can have a SawSall Party at the Camp Site  :laughing4:

Just wait till you see how much I cut off my fenders  ;D

rjtx667

lol I am going to put them on and see what it looks like before I decide.

I can always trailer down both sets. I can say 1 thing.. these babies will sing a song on the high way... I can't imagine doing 70 with them lol.

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 09, 2014, 09:03:15 PM
lol I am going to put them on and see what it looks like before I decide.

I can always trailer down both sets. I can say 1 thing.. these babies will sing a song on the high way... I can't imagine doing 70 with them lol.

So How many Set of tires have you bought for this thing now?  :laughing4:

rjtx667

that I currently have? 1 (i returned/traded the others)

but I also was given a set with 2 good / 2 bad tires on them.

and you asked the wrong question... its more like how many u joints have I bought for this thing... as that is what started this whole mess anyways... if I had not done that I would still be doing 5 lug and saying  well the 31's are small but they are new and gonna get used before I replace them. lol
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 09, 2014, 09:10:44 PM
that I currently have? 1 (i returned/traded the others)

but I also was given a set with 2 good / 2 bad tires on them.

and you asked the wrong question... its more like how many u joints have I bought for this thing... as that is what started this whole mess anyways... if I had not done that I would still be doing 5 lug and saying  well the 31's are small but they are new and gonna get used before I replace them. lol

Just Blame Noah, He is a bad influence.......

rjtx667

hard to blame him on the 35's since he told me multiple times to not get 35's lol

I figure he already started a pool on how long it will take me to break this d44hd with 35's on it  :laughing7:

but its gonna look way cool when its done... I have to say that for sure  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on October 09, 2014, 09:17:43 PM
hard to blame him on the 35's since he told me multiple times to not get 35's lol

I figure he already started a pool on how long it will take me to break this d44hd with 35's on it  :laughing7:

but its gonna look way cool when its done... I have to say that for sure  :13:

With a locked rear end and being easy on the pedal, you should be ok.......... Just be "Easy" on the Pedal  :tongue3:

rjtx667

well thats the hope, with bigger and better axles and tires I can be easy on the skinny pedal  :dance:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins