News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on July 16, 2015, 08:48:34 PM
I am going to keep an eye on it, I can just see me showing up next time and my engine and ac being gone. be harder to sneak the seats by me.

I love the mpfi and how it starts even after months of sitting!!
Don't worry your engine and a.c. are safe........ Now I may steal your window motors so you can't put your Windows up. That way you can suffer like the rest of us ha ha

rjtx667

Quote from: ProjectM880 on July 17, 2015, 09:10:35 AM
Don't worry your engine and a.c. are safe........ Now I may steal your window motors so you can't put your Windows up. That way you can suffer like the rest of us ha ha

:laughing4:

your funny if you think I don't have 4 of those as spares as my house.  :laughing7:

besides... you would have to put the new motor in, roll it down, then put the old motor back in. thats a lot of work
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Quote from: rjtx667 on July 17, 2015, 09:23:16 AM
:laughing4:

your funny if you think I don't have 4 of those as spares as my house.  :laughing7:

besides... you would have to put the new motor in, roll it down, then put the old motor back in. thats a lot of work
Good point I should just cut the top off!! Convertible!!

rjtx667

how many pieces did you want that dash to arrive in?  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ProjectM880

Good point....... I did put you shifter boot back on  :great:

This morning Noah found another snake on the vw bug when it was on the lift!

ProjectPW

Quote from: ProjectM880 on July 17, 2015, 04:44:51 PM
Good point....... I did put you shifter boot back on  :great:

This morning Noah found another snake on the vw bug when it was on the lift!

i am fairly sure it was the same damn snake  :confused2:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

rjtx667

well I guess that means if he does it again you need to terminate him... or at least brand him so you can know for sure.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

What kind of snake? :violent-smiley-007:

Got pics?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectPW

1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

They are good to have around but I bet it scared the shit outta you at first.   :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

well I made the scary call to Tom Woods today.

I got the price for the first round of parts. I guess I will order that here soon so I can make a trip out there and put parts on and get some measurements.

The next part will be what really hurts. Plus we still have to modify the transmission brace. Thats going to be a challenge I think.  :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Parts are ordered from Tom Wood's so I can make a trip next weekend to measure for at least the rear driveshaft.

Hope to maybe find a bigger radiator that will work between now and then too.

Other than that the last think I want to do next weekend is take the passenger front hub off so I can get it drilled and tapped for crossover steering.

If I can get all that done, then next go round I will at least be able to drive it under its own power. Its just a question of how hard its going to be to get clearance for the front driveshaft.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

well I be broke now.. ordered the crossover steering from ORD. its good stuff, and they are proud of it  :evil6:

Now just hope it all goes together like it should.  :headbang:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

We made good progress this weekend.

We got the new yokes and flags on. Measured the rear driveshaft and got it order, we were able to go with a standard driveshaft with 1350's on each end. It is right at the edge of being able to not need a double cardon but we should be good since it won't go fast.

we measured the front, and well.. we are still working on a plan for that.

Got the steering knuckle swapped out with a temp one so it can be cleaned and machined.

beyond that I got the driver window fixed in the new door. I also used an "eraser" that removed the old molding adhesive and trimmed some of the fenders for the tire clearance.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

Rear driveshaft is now at Noah's with the truck.

The cross over steering is shipping out this week, they don't have the 3" block yet... but I will work around that if they keep not being able to get it in stock.

Once the steering arm is here I will get the knuckle machined and then plan a time to head back down and get stuff put together and hopefully measure the front driveshaft.

It will be great to get to drive it again here soon  :13:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins