News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Odd Willys

Started by workgoats, November 10, 2012, 07:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

workgoats

My son, who lives in Lima, Peru, has sent me pictures of a couple of vehicles in his neighborhood.  This is one of them.  We don't know anything about this vehicle.  We don't know if it is a factory built vehicle or a chopped station wagon with the back of a pickup grafted on the back.

It might be a 4x4 but I'm betting it is a 2x.  Note that it only has one wiper base.  Lima is a real desert.  They might have as much as 1/2 inch of rain in a wet year.  There are months that have never recorded a rainfall.  Therefore, NO rust.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before or know what it really is?

The back of the vehicle sports a spare rack that doesn't look original to me but the light(?) on the left side looks like something that could have been factory.  Obviously, the rear bumper is "after market".

SixGun

How much to ship it home?  Looks like a job for the Goat Man.   :laughing7:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

The other interesting truck in his neighborhood is a 79 RC. It had a little rust so it hasn't lived its whole life in Loma.

SixGun

Taking another long look at it, it appears to be the extended cab of a larger truck.  On the back, look how the body was cut to go over the "crossmember" and how it doesn't reach the back of the frame.  Rear wheel cut outs look handmade.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

80W150

Strange rig indeed. Looks like an oversize clown car.
Chuck

workgoats

Having owned both a station wagon and a pickup, I'm pretty sure that the vehicle is a station wagon, cut off behind the back seat window and with the back of a pickup cab welded onto the back.  The frame would have to be a cut up deal.  The cross member at the rear would have to come from the pickup, at the back of the cab.  The frame has to be shortened and the driveshaft cannot be very long.

I told my son that he should buy it and ship it back to Texas.  We could refurbish it for him.  He declined.