News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

2000 Mexico RamCharger

Started by rjtx667, July 26, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taz_man440

Cool, I like some of the tricks they do to cars, but not the way he does business....
2006 Dodge quad cab - Cool Vanilla
2012 Durango w/ HEMI
1982 Ramcharger project

rjtx667

I agree, I see him as the ultimate example of a used car salesman... If that is what it takes to be successful in business, then I will never make it.

Of course I say the same of Steve Jobs... he was so buys his kids hardly knew him. He let them write a book on him not for the public, but so that his kids could better understand what he did and why.

One again if thats what it takes to have success in business, I will keep my fam.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

good to here.

i am also not a big fan of the way they do business. i think i remember 1 episode where they sold Aaron's step dad a car and made over $10,000 on the deal. i understand they need to make money but i couldn't do that especially to family.

rjtx667

:angry4:

The engine is now at my house... but where am I? I am at work  :angry4:

lol

Not like I have time to install it this week anyways  :'(
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So the engine got here at what 10am? and I got to open it at 9pm? Man I hate mondays  :angry4:

It looks great. I got the headers sitting on there, just finished painting them this weekend. Thats when I found out they were JBA headers... those suckers are not cheap  :confused2:

Put the front accessory bracket there to see how it looks... I like it  :13:

It should really show my commitment that I am going to Hidden Falls this weekend instead of Installing an engine  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

crazzywolfie

if you don't mind me asking do you know approximately what the engine build cost you? someone on dodge forum was planing on sticking a 360 in there truck and was planning on buying a crate engine but i was a bit surprised when i saw that it was $6500 for a crate engine that is suppose to only put out 390 Horsepower, 420 ft.-lbs. Torque and is setup for carb.

rjtx667

Mine was somewhere in there, but there was $500 for shipping as well. The other thing to consider was that I had already bought roller rockers, already had the cam and timing set, etc.

Mine is also a stroker which has a lot more cost in it just because of that... the piston and rings were almost $700 because they are forged.

The good news with mine is, if I ever want to get crazy all I have to do is a cam and spring change and the rest is there to go hog wild... that or just keep as is and throw a turbo or supercharger on it  :evil6:

But that won't happen as I have a personal opinion on that... which is a 6500 lb suv thats slightly better aerodynamically than a box has no need to go that fast for a daily driver.  :laughing4:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i don't think this guy would be able to go too crazy with some of the mods since it is going into a 92. i also don't think the engine he was looking at come with taller roller rockers. i think the engine just came with the stock type since it doesn't say otherwise.
this is the one he was looking at.
http://www.bpeusa.com/P5153475.asp

rjtx667

Quote from: crazzywolfie on April 25, 2013, 04:50:57 PM
i don't think this guy would be able to go too crazy with some of the mods since it is going into a 92. i also don't think the engine he was looking at come with taller roller rockers. i think the engine just came with the stock type since it doesn't say otherwise.
this is the one he was looking at.
http://www.bpeusa.com/P5153475.asp

he would be better off calling Mike @ MLR... that has a non magnum water pump and timing cover. plus its just 9.0:1 CR and the cam is prob a bit bigger than he needs.

Plus for the same $$, I rather have a 408  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

i was kind of thinking the same thing. minus well spend the money right the first time and just get a pro to build you an engine.

rjtx667

Just got done with a test pull of the 93 on the trailer... I  have to say I love 3.92 gears  :dance:

I seem to have a trailer brake issue that its grabbing when it should not making take offs a bit harder than they should be, but after your off that over drive and gear combo is amazing, I was accelerating going up hill with a stock 5.2 magnum... I was only doing like 50 but still accelerating going up hill!!!

Makes me really want to see how it does with the new engine.  :evil6:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

So the trip went pretty good, the 2000 did great even with the old worn out 5.2l. got about 10mpg on the way there, 11.8 or so on way back.

Yesterday I had a "work at home day" So I did  :evil6:

I started working about 11 or so, stopped working about 9. I had the old engine pulled prob by 3pm? then cleaned up a bit and finished tightening the headers and installed the flex plate. By 6 I was starting to try and get the new engine in. I have to say its a real PITA to stab an engine by yourself lol  :violent1:  but I did what I had to do.

I got it finished, need to still get 2 more bolts in the transmission and finish securing the engine mounts... but its a damn good start.  :13:

1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

looks ok as is but looks a lot better when turn your monitor upside down :laughing7: