News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Willyreplica from the start...

Started by workgoats, July 26, 2012, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Yeah, I thought shit always rolled down hill.   :laughing7:

What???  Roll it like he stole it...  :tongue3:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Well its nice to see y'all love me so much. I hope y'all don't cry to much when ur trying to keep up.  :tongue3: :wave:
I did try to test it today at work. But there wasn't any real challenge. Did find that so far the locker is working and I can drive it locked in. Brakes work a lot better now. Put new system all the way around. Was tired of fitting with the hard pedal. I hope I get to make it. There is rumor that a job might go through about the same time we have planned. Work before playing is the rule.  :violent1:
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

workgoats

Testing from my phone.

workgoats

Well, after two days, Texas Farm Bureau decided that they could not insure my truck because they classify it as a "KIT CAR" and they don't insure kit cars.  This was after forwarding pictures and the entire build thread. :puke:

And to think, I spent a number of my years as an adjuster for Oklahoma Farm Bureau...

I will be trying someone else tomorrow.

rjtx667

Interesting... I think its funny they had no issues insuring the 2000 RamCharger.

Sorry to hear about your issues.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Here are the photos I sent to the insurance company to get the policy in force:

workgoats

I finally got a chance to wash off some of the mud on the truck.  I found a bent right side spring mount on the rear axle.  I had "add supports" on my to-do list that didn't get completed.  I will be rebuilding both sides now so this won't happen again.

workgoats

I found that the front spring mounts were a little weak. Beefing them up was next on my list but didn't get done.

I bent the one on the right side when I set all the weight on the front on the spring on "Feeder Creek", right before Richard started up behind me.

I will be rebuilding them. I will also be installing some BP stops on the rear axle and some kind of limited slip in the rear axle before RJ.

Toyradio

Sounds like you need to get off the couch and get busy. Need some help let me know. I have the time to come give you a hand.

workgoats

No pictures but see if you can picture this in your mind.  Right rear spring, front mount, bent on rock on Feeder Creek.  New mount built and installed, welded to both tube frames.

Blind nut, welded in back, against the frame.  After a night of fabrication, and a night of being unable to get the bolt installed...  :angry4:

1.  frame on jack stand
2.  wheel off and floor jack under axle
3.  cable hoist from left rear spring to right rear spring to pull inward
4.  cable hoist from rear axle to chain to front frame to pull forward
5.  straight tire tool controlled by scissor jack on top of spring to lower inner side of spring eye
6.  tap on bolt with claw hammer while turning with crescent wrench

Done!  :13:

rjtx667

sounds like we needed a video of that.

what kind of sacrifice did you offer before you began?  :laughing4:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Well, I have insurance and a 30 day permit to drive the thing on the road.  I still have a couple of loops to jump through and some cash to come up with for the tags, but at least I can drive it some now.

SixGun

:PDT_Armataz_01_37:  Alright it's been a long time coming.  Soooo ... you gonna drive it to Ram Jam?
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

workgoats

Quote from: SixGun on August 08, 2013, 06:57:23 PM
:PDT_Armataz_01_37:  Alright it's been a long time coming.  Soooo ... you gonna drive it to Ram Jam?

Not likely but I suppose possible.

workgoats

It says nothing has been posted here in 120 days. I have a tag, just not a title.  I've put just over 3000 miles on it so far. But, it's not the end yet.

I'm still slowly working on really having a title.  I did all the paperwork they asked for but then they decided that I have to take it to Conroe to have a cop inspect it and they want a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin or a bill of sale on the body.  I sorta still have a business, (Aggieland Working Goats), that used to do petting zoos.  I think it will now be the manufacturer of one Jeep pickup body. 

After the last trip to Hidden Falls and the bind that Ernest and I put it in before anyone else got there I had to do some work on the back springs.  It already had an add a leaf from Iron Rock Offroad and I added an additional leaf from the spring pack on a 78 Cherokee.  I like the stance now and the suspension is stiff enough to pull the stock trailer and large horse of my grand-daughters to functions now.  When we got it in trouble we also broke one of the wedges that clock the rear axle to the constant velocity joint.  I have replaced those with steel instead of aluminum and increased the bolt size from something metric to 3/8" grade 10.

I suppose the extra springs will make it have less articulation but pulling the horse to the barrel races is pretty important too.