News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 06, 2014, 10:45:44 AM
What is Lance running, a 360?  Does he have a build on here? I didn't see anything labeled Keystone Lance.

He doesn;t have a build here, Probably because he didn't really build his RC but disassembled it :017:

Wait till he gets to ole SawSall after it :lol_hitting:

crazzywolfie

Quote from: ProjectM880 on March 06, 2014, 07:06:49 AM
Ive never liked eletric fans for trail rigs. I would much rather have a mechanical one that has a less chance of failing. Ive seen to many that fail on the trail. they work great on the high way and street but can't keep up on slow moving trails.
that is why i went with dual electric fans. i would not really trust a single electric fan by itself but i know my truck can be kept cool by just the 1 fan if the other one was to fail.
Quote from: ProjectPW on March 06, 2014, 07:40:04 AM
On electric fans: They are probably the best choice assuming certain prerequisites have been met. 1st: they need to mount securely  (no zip ties through the radiator) 2nd: they need to be wired correctly and have an alternator that puts out at least 70-100 amps in order to keep the battery up- no need for dual batteries just adequate charging capability (especially at lower RPM when crawling) 3rd: worn out junk yard fans are not a good choice for a trail rig. Yes they worked in the driveway, but is that POS gonna kick the bucket on a trail when it is about 110 degrees out- probably  :laughing4: --Bring a spare or buy new !
ya. i would not trust those cheap fans that use zip ties to hold them to the rad. the dual electric fan setup i am using pretty much bolts on in place of the stock fan shroud with a few pieces of angle iron. used electric fans may be a gamble but they are usually better than most of the cheap stuff that stores sell new

The War Wagon

Quote from: crazzywolfie on March 06, 2014, 01:32:46 PM
--Bring a spare or buy new !

SPEAKING of which, I still have a NiB fan clutch (Imperial) for my old Grand Marquis in the garage - I wonder if it would work on my RC?  There's my spare if it does!  :dance:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

ProjectM880

Again I must reinerate......... I think noah gets more done when Im not around  :great:

Thanks To Noah for donating a few very well taken care of dash parts.

workgoats

Ernest swears by his electric fan.  However, his crappy wiring of relays is what leaves him on the trail, pouring all the drinking water into the radiator.

My little yeller truck now has 160 w H-4 bulbs in the headlights, a HD radio, a bunch of cameras and a dash mounted monitor.  I do have a second battery though, to keep pulling you other guys up the hill.

We won't mentioned who had to be pulled last time I went out...

ProjectM880

Quote from: workgoats on March 07, 2014, 09:44:57 PM
Ernest swears by his electric fan.  However, his crappy wiring of relays is what leaves him on the trail, pouring all the drinking water into the radiator.

My little yeller truck now has 160 w H-4 bulbs in the headlights, a HD radio, a bunch of cameras and a dash mounted monitor.  I do have a second battery though, to keep pulling you other guys up the hill.

We won't mentioned who had to be pulled last time I went out...

Let just hope that this RC doesn;t get pulled as much as the CJ  ::)

ProjectM880

Dash is all wired up  :thumbsup:

SixGun

Quote from: ProjectM880 on March 08, 2014, 06:28:14 AM
Let just hope that this RC doesn;t get pulled as much as the CJ  ::)

Hey I've been pulled several times by Ron also.  I thought it was part of the initiation. :017:

Funny thing is, they were in spots that looked easy to do.  Go figure.   :dontknow:
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :headbang:

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 19, 2014, 11:11:12 PM
Video ...... video......video.  :13:

It runs!... But doesn't move HAHA  Getting closer

ProjectM880

Top on and I got some new rims and tires  :great:

ProjectM880