News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

1978 Ramcharger Aka The "Death Charger"

Started by ProjectM880, December 24, 2013, 11:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SixGun

Sweeeet :great:

That front diff cover looks like the ones from RuffStuff.   That rear diff cover I've never seen before.  Did you buy it like that or did you guys weld that skull on? Looks awesome.
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 22, 2014, 06:28:38 PM
Sweeeet :great:

That front diff cover looks like the ones from RuffStuff.   That rear diff cover I've never seen before.  Did you buy it like that or did you guys weld that skull on? Looks awesome.

The Front is from Ruff Stuff. The rear is from Ballistic Fabrication. I selected that they didn't weld the skull on but that's how I got it. Its a little bigger then the  Ruff stuff cover and hold a little more oil.

SixGun

I like my RuffStuff cover on the D150.  I want to put one on the RC but this time with the seated bolts they provide.  Worth the few bucks extra IMHO. Those 3/8" covers are definitely HD and can take a pounding up front bull dozing through some rocks. :thumbsup:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 22, 2014, 08:35:08 PM
I like my RuffStuff cover on the D150.  I want to put one on the RC but this time with the seated bolts they provide.  Worth the few bucks extra IMHO. Those 3/8" covers are definitely HD and can take a pounding up front bull dozing through some rocks. :thumbsup:

Agreed, They are definitely heavy duty. Should do the trick!

ProjectM880

Engine Pictures

ProjectM880

More picture before we put the top on

ProjectPW

It will be rolling on new wheel bearings and 4 wheel disc brakes by the end of the week  :headbang:
1979 W150 "TOP HAND", and way to many other mopars!

SixGun

Disc brakes??  Now that's just plain cheating. :notworthy:

The War Wagon

Quote from: SixGun on March 23, 2014, 10:20:04 PM

No lie.  I sooo want to make that a sooner upgrade, rather than a later.  These monsters seem impossible to stop without 'em!  :o
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 23, 2014, 10:20:04 PM

Its not cheating, its improving!!!!!!  I want this thing to stop when i come crashing down a hill  ::)

SixGun

I thought that's what trees or ...ahem... Barbed wire fences were for. :laughing7:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 27, 2014, 10:55:55 PM
I thought that's what trees or ...ahem... Barbed wire fences were for. :laughing7:

Hush!! Youll jinx me..... Thats why I have such a big bumper to help cushin the blow against trees  :laughing7:

SixGun

Cushion the blow?  I thought it was to mow them down!  :13: 

I've got a HD pipe bumper for the front of mine planned courtesy of Danger Dave. It feels like solid steel. Yours looks like a steel girder from a sky scraper.  :headbang:

ProjectM880

Quote from: SixGun on March 28, 2014, 04:29:46 AM
Cushion the blow?  I thought it was to mow them down!  :13: 

I've got a HD pipe bumper for the front of mine planned courtesy of Danger Dave. It feels like solid steel. Yours looks like a steel girder from a sky scraper.  :headbang:

I call it the Front Porch because it is great to stand on while working on the motor  :great:

It wont be on the truck long, I plan to build a more trail friendly bumper

The War Wagon

Quote from: ProjectM880 on March 28, 2014, 04:32:37 AM
I call it the Front Porch because it is great to stand on while working on the motor  :great:

It wont be on the truck long, I plan to build a more trail friendly bumper

Dave hadn't mentioned it in a while, but he brought up plasma cutting that hangdown on MY bumper off, last time I was there.  GREAT as it would be for a Mad Max style road battle, it's gonna SUCK on a downhill slope hitting a boulder.  So he's gonna plasma cut it off, and I'll still be able to mount the winch behind it!  :13:
Restoring/building a War Wagon - good advice ALWAYS welcome!