News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

Welcome back Carter

Started by SixGun, June 06, 2014, 11:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

Quote from: SixGun on July 24, 2015, 08:29:16 PM
:great:

just to make sure... you know it's not installed in that orientation ?

:headbang: :laughing4:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

SixGun

Sometimes awesome deals just fall into your lap at the right time.  Went to pick up some gloves and rags at Harbor Freight and found this $145 transmission jack in the clearance section for under a hundred bucks.  Was an open no box item but complete. With the 20% off coupon, it was only $74.  Wow, almost half price!!

http://m.harborfreight.com/800-lb-low-lift-transmission-jack-69685.html

rjtx667

Very nice... now is it installed yet?  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Oh yeah its in.  :035:

Good thing I went with the Mancini deep pan with a bottom drain plug.  Don't know if the front drain would have worked like on the MP pan. Tight fit with the crossover pipe there.

Off tomorrow so I'm heading to JY for yoke. Still need to check the 9-1/4 at mother-in-laws for limited slip. Better for the street. Locker for open diff is cheaper on 76 RC.  If so, ive gotta switch them. Then measure for driveshaft shortening. Looks like I'm cutting 3" but I just want to be sure.

While at HF tools, I picked up a telescoping electric chainsaw for a song. Making short work of my 12' hedges. What a fun toy.  I've been using a hand saw and ladder up till now. Stopped when I ran into this bad boy. YIK !!

rjtx667

lol its just a "little" zipper spider. whats the matter? lol

so back to Carter... fluid in? bolted up? test drove? we need details!!!
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Quote from: rjtx667 on July 27, 2015, 10:07:38 PM
so back to Carter... fluid in? bolted up? test drove? we need details!!!

Need trans yoke, DS shortened, with no yoke it just pours out the tail.
Hmmmm   :icon_scratch:

rjtx667

what? you have not made it to the junk yard yet? slacker lol

I have not ordered my parts yet either.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

I tell you, with this intense heat lately, I've been taking siestas in the middle of the day.  From 2-6 I'm inside pretty much.  I was wearing shorts the day I installed the tranny.  My legs are still sunburned.

Yeeouch  :sunny:

rjtx667

so your saying your not a redneck, your a red leg?  :laughing7:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

:laughing4:
Apparently this week I am

ProjectM880

So when do we get to see burn out videos???

SixGun

The bushings have already been burned out.  :confused2:

So sorry Eric- san :violent5:

SixGun

So here's where I am stumped. If I let it sit several days, I have to crank it quite a bit to get it started or I can use starter fluid and save myself a lot of time.  I don't want to have to carry starter fluid with me all the time. Also, after it warms up and I happen to turn it off, 2 things happen.  It cranks like the timing is off. Kinda like wuh..wuh...wuh initially.  Cranks normal after a few tries.  Heres the second part.  It will not restart on its own while hot.  Maybe timing which is all guess work because of the new cam. Or can it be the old electric pump going bad and not allowing the new mechical pump to suck through it? Maybe vapor lock? I followed the 45* instructions when mounting it.  Or worst of all, could it be the ghost of the original owner preventing me from driving it?

SixGun

Just in case, I ordered a new Holley mighty mite electric fuel pump to get it on the way.  It is identical to the pump I have on there.  If it turns out to not be the pump I have a spare for the 76 RC. I am using it as a primer for the mechanical pump.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_pumps/carbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12-427