News:

Your new home for car and truck enthusiast to share, learn, and brag.

Main Menu

93 RC Trail Rig

Started by rjtx667, October 20, 2012, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjtx667

got back in town and went to move the 93, no juice... at all not even a little.  :icon_scratch:

go look at hatch... yup not closed all the way and the window glass that was there is gone  :icon_scratch:

oh well, I got a charger on it now, should be good when I get home from work. Not naming names, just fun to give people a hard time.  :tongue3:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

workgoats

Quote from: rjtx667 on April 01, 2013, 01:42:33 PM
got back in town and went to move the 93, no juice... at all not even a little.  :icon_scratch:

go look at hatch... yup not closed all the way and the window glass that was there is gone  :icon_scratch:

oh well, I got a charger on it now, should be good when I get home from work. Not naming names, just fun to give people a hard time.  :tongue3:

I am truly sorry.  But, you told me it was hard to open not hard to close.  I didn't see any light on when we picked up the window.  We went by around 10:30.  And, thanks for the window.  I'll bring you some fans and parts to make up for it...

rjtx667

theres not much easy on that rig just yet  :evil6:

but its mine  :laughing7:

I threw the charger on it and it was all done when I got home from work. Glad you got the window, should work for ya.
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

SixGun

Scared me, I thought at first that someone stole your battery.   ???
"You may all go to Hell and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crocket

rjtx667

got some free time after work yesterday to play with the truck.

my door I got at the JY was not as great as I thought it was, someone had hacked on it a little but its still better than what I had. The door will now *mostly* close correctly. It does not scrap anywhere and hits 90% of the weather seal.  :13:

I had to grind off the old manual window parts to install the electric ones. I also tested one of my efans and it seems great, I am going to try and mount it soon. I figure just connect it to a toggle switch on the dash for now, and then I can control it as needed.

I also got the rear bumper off and got the new one up by it. It seems I need some fab work there as the current bumper mounts are 37 1/2" apart and the truck is 38 1/2" apart  :icon_scratch:

Still working on figuring out what to do there... it might get thrown on the back of the trailer for this go round, see what we can figure out there.

Now I need to measure and order the wire for the winch, finish putting the door back together, and most importantly try and fix the A/C  :laughing7:

I have to replace some boards on the trailer too they look really bad. ???
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

crazzywolfie

do you got a spare coolant overflow container off a 91- 81 ram? if not you might need one once you install the electric fans since the magnum ones are mounted on the fan shroud. i don't even under stand why they changed them but the old style should bolt to the rad support. otherwise if the fans you got are like the ones i used in my 81 you should just need some angle iron to bolt it to the rad support.

did you ever replace that heater control valve? the a/c in my ramcharger started working a lot better once i repaired a vacuum leak at my heater control valve. when there is no vacuum the valve stays open but when you turn the a/c on it applies vacuum to the valve to close it and prevent hot water from being pumped through the heater core.

rjtx667

When I upgraded to the heavy duty radiator I moved to the other style cooling tank

I think I am going to put this fan in front of the radiator because there is room there and I want to keep the mechanical fan for now.

I did buy the control valve, but I have yet to install it... need to do that, of course I also need to see whats up with the A/C and if I can fix it soon here too... maybe this week.

I did break down and order the winch wire and quick connects from amazon... OUCH!!!! thats not cheap wire
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

rjtx667

I worked on the trailer today, replaced the 4 boards I wanted to... what a PITA  :angry5:

The new boards were apparently wider than the old, so then I had to remove another row of boards and trim off a 1/4 inch or so to make it all happy.

Good news is they are all in and good so now its safe to use it.

I had to haul a friends broken car saturday and that was 1 scary trip across town with the boards creaking.  :fucyc:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

ernestgonzales78@gmail.com

Ron and I weren't so luck. Went to move the small forklift from our old place. Once I was on the trailer the left side fell through the floor. We strapped it down and headed down the road. lol :dance: :13:
76 F100 4X4 FORD (AKA MISTRESS)
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY
07 3500 DODGE FLATBED (TOY HAULER)

rjtx667

had to be a sight... where are the pics?  :laughing4:
1935 Dodge KC Truck
1991 &1993 RamCharger
2000 RamCharger
2005 Cummins

There on my phone. I have no idea how to load them onto here.   :laughing7: :laughing7:
Oh and the sight to see was the unloading of it. We stopped at a equipment rental place where it was going and finally convenced them to unload it for me with a big forklift. I don't think they ever came across a redneck mexican.... :laughing7: :laughing7:
86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY

SixGun

Ernest, just click reply and then at the bottom of the screen click Attachments and other options. There will be a browse buttom where you can find your pic and attach it by double clicking.  I went ahead and posted your truck for you buddy.   :laughing7:

workgoats

The trailer we plan on hauling the ferd to Hidden Falls has some broken boards on it too.  We will be working on that in the next few days.  We also have some modifications that we will be doing to that trailer to get it ready both for work and for us to use.

86 3/4 ton 4X4 CHEVY

SixGun

You likey.... I think it's a Uhaulchevyrado.   :039: